People, you don't know how much I envy you

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edil Cajigas, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Edil Cajigas

Edil Cajigas Extra

There are no TV stations transmitting any digital programming on my area yet, I don't have DirectTV but the satellite that provides the service on my area is not sending digital programming either, I only have cable TV but forget it, I don't think they are going to do something anytime soon or in the future. Companies on my area only think on how to make bigger profit while providing less service.

Anyway, here local stations are ruled by the FCC determinations and regulations so they must comply with them. Can somebody tell me the exact schedules for TV stations to start transmiting digital? I know about the 2006 deadline but I has been asking some stations here and I doubt it much that they will be ready for that deadline. What is going to happen to those that does not comply?

2. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
  3. Edil Cajigas

Edil Cajigas Extra

I call the FCC. They sent me 3 documents from what I read cable TV companies are not forced to provide a top set box with HDTV capability (I have no problem I can buy that box), but they must transmit the signal. I'm right? If the transmit the signal using that quadrature modulation stuff, the programs are goint to be 720p/1080i or downgraded to standard definition?