What's new

People Under the Stairs Rumor!!! (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I know its not much, but something is better than nothing. I heard my first rumor from a very reliable source that Universal has plans to release Wes Craven's People Under the Stairs. I know nothing else, than that. Like I said, its not much, but until now, we've heard nothing! I can fianlly retire my MAR Laserdisc.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
This is one of my guilty pleasures.
Whoo hoo!!
On a personal note I got a crush on AJ Langer after seeing this flick. (Shes the abused girl in the film) I sent her a fan letter and she responded with a personalized autograph. I still have it.
biggrin.gif

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Excellent. This is one of the few VHS titles I've kept after my conversion to DVD!
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I would look forward to seeing the Secretary of P***y in action. :)
It's a bit goofy, but it's got some good bits to it as well, especially Ving.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Great! And not a moment to soon! I just recently cracked my laserdisc copy, so I`m in need of a replacement. This was my favorite Horror flick, I must have seen it 20+ times in the theater.
Before I`m called crazy let me explain. When the movie was released I was in junior high and spent my days hanging out in a pool hall all day, and there happend to be a movie theater next door $1 a show. So durring its run there it seems every day there would always be a group of people going over to check it out, so I always went with.
Anyways, Killer movie, I hope the DVD will include some deleted scenes(a few scenes always bothered me, like something was missing) or atleast a Craven Commentary.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Its good to see that others appreciate this movie. I started a People... thread in the Studio Feedback here for Universal, but it never seemed to take off....
Even if its a barebones widescreen release, I'll be happy, but deleted scenes and a commentary would be welcome too! :)
As soon as I hear something, I'll let you all know.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Resurrecting this from the dead...I guess my rumor from 2 years ago never came through. Has anyone heard anything about this recently?

Andy_MT

Second Unit
they did release it in region 2. PQ & AQ are average and it suffers from PAL speed up. it's better than nothing, but a bit too close to nothing for my liking.

Lafe F

Second Unit
Brazil has a legitimate region 1&4 anamorphic widescreen version out now with the only extra being a trailer.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Sorry to threadcrap, but I'm not surprised in the least that this film is yet to be released on DVD. I thought it was horrendously bad, and yes, I have considered the possibility that it's supposed to be a satire. Ugh. I am waiting for AB's "Hills Have Eyes" SE due in Fall, though(although that film is no masterpiece either).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A Brazilian DVD is out? Has anyone seen it?

May have to go ebaying.

Lafe F

Second Unit
The Brazilian DVD is decent and playable on Region 1 NTSC systems; it'll probably be the same disc they release to R1.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have a link where this can be bought online?

One of my favorites and among the few left on my must have list.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Alex, I would try dvdsforboneheads.com. :D
And the Spindler/Rice battle spills into the software section.
Seriously, ebay is probably the best place to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks