What's new

People begin to line up for "Attack of the Clones" (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Star Wars fan, and I didn't have to camp out in line to watch it. Same thing with the Playstation 2.
Jack Briggs said
And the only reason I saw the thing at the Chinese on the Saturday after it opened was because friends of mine practically forced me to go with them.
You said that the last time about Independence Day. Do you always have something against watching movies for fun?
:confused:

Trevor H

Second Unit
Did anyone see the episode of the Man Show when Adam and Jimmy dressed up like SW nerds and then cut to the front of the line for EP1 ? that was some funny shit!!!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Unless I get hit on the head and forget the whole Jar-Jar Bink's disaster, I'm not going to wait for the cinematic pain-parade that is another Gungan-filled movie. I will not see this film until somebody tells me if it's the same-style of kid's movie ,ala Episode One, or is more adult themed, ala Episode Five.

I can't believe I waited in line two hours to see a movie that had Jake Lloyd in it (hereafter known as the antichrist). I so wanna kick Lucas in the wolf-nards for that.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I didn't mind one way or the other myself until recently. I'd like to think my life is worth more than waiting for a film, and being able to brag for about 6 hours that I saw it first.
However, some guy who is "in charge" of the Mann's lineup was quoted as saying that Mann's was like Mecca for SW fans. At that point, I wanted to fly out there and do some genetic cleansing, but I restrained myself. He compared the film premiere of a two hour movie, designed and marketed to make MONEY with the center of million's faith...the rock they base their life on. It showed how truly out of sync some (not all, of course) of those people are. I am excited to see the MOVIE myself. But I wouldn't want to associated with "fans" that shallow or self-centered myself. To those doing it for charity, thank you, but if you worked and donated the money, it might do more good. But I do appreciate them for what they do accomplish.
So, to each their own. Also, I just wouldn't want to be in the same group of fans who showed more anger over N'SYNC being in a MOVIE than they do over REAL issues or tragedies.
Take care,
Chuck

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Here's what I don't get: why the hell does anyone need to see it the day, or week, that it opens?

Maybe I'm alone, but my time is precious enough that I'd rather wait 3 months to see a film than have to spend 10 seconds in line.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think Jack needs to learn how to resist peer pressure. His friends seem to drag him often to movies he knows he won't like.

~T

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
I spent 32 hours in line for tickets to Episode one.... I had a great time. Met lots of people, most were actually quite normal ;). It was actually little more than a big party. New crews free pizza the works. I am more than willing to participate again this year.
Not for a month though.... sheesh

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Differant Strokes for differant folks.
Myself, I am that kind of person that hates waiting in lines. I go to do some food shopping but I see that every register has at least 3 people in line with full baskets. I say fuck this noise, I'm not standing in that line :angry:
While my personal opinion is that people who wait in lines months before a movie opens are losers, It is refreshing to know that some people have patience enough to do so. I feel that this day in age we all seem to be in too much of a big rush to get nowhere.
It would be funny though if these people all got busted for loitering 2 hours before the movie started :D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh and one more thing for anyone that might possibly be in line right now reading this on a laptop. Ron Epstein is not standing in any line and he will probably see this film days before you do :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Here's what I don't get: why the hell does anyone need to see it the day, or week, that it opens?
Cause it's fun that way. Standing in line with your friends and talking about all sorts of non-sensical crap is great. Everything from films, girls, and sports make great topics of discussion while waiting to get your tickets.
Or is that just my group of friends? :laugh:

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Indeed, two SW fans have been camping outside Seattle's Cinerama theater for over three months now. I guess it's not news if it doesn't happen in LA... :rolleyes

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Indeed, two SW fans have been camping outside Seattle's Cinerama theater for over three months now. I guess it's not news if it doesn't happen in LA...
It was news.... I heard about it here in Denver.... it was just news 3 months ago :)
BTW... it was not standing in line. we were given place numbers and would need to show up every few hours or so or loose our place.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone here read Outlaw Vern's webpage? He's been writing about movies for a few years, and he's really funny.
Anyway, he's got his new column up, and in it he complains that the people in "line" for Episode 2 in Seattle aren't really in line, they just have a tent up. :)
I thought this was cheating, like opening up your windows and calling it camping. I wanted somebody to get into the line where they used to be, and replace their "WAITING IN LINE FOR STAR WARS" banner with a "CUTTING IN LINE FOR STAR WARS" banner.

Check it out: http://www.geocities.com/outlawvern/VTILII.html
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks