What's new

Penn & Teller: BS! Season 2 NOT IN STOCK!? (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I have gone to every store in my area this morning adn no one has this DVD or carries it for that matter. Any info on what is going on with this?

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered it from bestbuy.com and overnighted it. Let's see how that goes. Never tried overnight before.

TedT

Second Unit
At the Best Buy I went to for Season 1, they didn't even know who Penn & Teller were! After digging around, they found it in a box underneath the new releases table.

Make sure you ask. Let them know it's a new release.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
The Best Buy and Fry's Electronics I went to both had them, but it was the censored "B.S." version.

I just went ahead and ordered the uncensored one from DDD for $23.06.

What was interesting to me is that they switched the packaging from S1, too. S2 is just 3 regular amaray cases in a slipcase, instead of the digipak used for S1.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Showtime has switched most of their multi-disc sets back to the standard-size Amaray cases. The video rental industry has been pushing the studios to abandon
"DigiPaks". They can't display individual discs, and they make it impossible to offer original packaging for individual disc rentals.

Besides "Bullshit"-S2, upcoming "Queer As Folk"-S4 and "Family Business"-S2 will also be in Amaray packaging, instead of the previous DigiPaks. I'd prefer they use the "ThinPak" cases, which save space and still offer individual display.

Since it adds to the expense to manufacture and market two different variations, Showtime probably concluded that these were not big enough selling series to offer in dual retail packaging. I'd be curious to know if more units of these series are sold to the rental side of the industry, or to the consumer "sell-thru" side.

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Just got mine this morning from BestBuy.com and I am sad to see that unlike season 1 there are no extra features at all on this set. Major dissapointment to me.

TedT

Second Unit

I had to ask for it. Couldn't find it anywhere. Turns out it was buried in the "Special Interest" section, not the TV shows section.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I knew the DVDs weren't censored (How ironic would that be, considering what the series is all about!), but I wanted to get the uncensored one for consistency with my S1.

That is an interesting note about the change in packaging, though. I can't remember the last set I got that was packaged like that. It was more iteresting to me since I got Wonderfalls yesterday, and that is 3 discs in 2 Thinpaks. That is a big difference in shelf space!

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the topic/episode list for S2:

P.E.T.A.
Safety Hysteria
The Business of Love
War on Drugs
Recycling
The Bible
Yoga, Tantric Sex, Etc.
Fountain of Youth
Death, Inc.
Profanity
12-Stepping
Exercise vs. Genetics
Hypnosis

Personally, I found the PETA and Recycling episodes very interesting, especially considering some of the information presented in each, which of course should be taken with a grain of salt. It probably depends on your outlook on the topics, but it was at least on par with the first season.

I just cannot believe they are able to get some of these people to go on camera, after what they did to some of the groups in the first season.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

Do they have to tell them in what context they would use interview footage? It's not like P&T are actually there conducting any of the interviews. So if they just approach these people as a film crew filming for showtime they might not have any clue.

--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks