What's new

Pendulum (1969)- coming from Sony 7/31/18 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Source: Amazon

206287_large.jpg

A cynical Washington DC police captain, honored for his capture of a psychotic rapist-murderer, finds himself the prime suspect in the murder of his own wife and her lover. When the conviction of the rapist-murderer he captured is overturned, he goes in search of the person he thinks killed his wife.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It is Ok film...but in this day and age, how does PENDULUM warrant a blu ray release from Sony while so many better films languish unreleased?

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'm actually quite surprised that this is getting a mainstream Blu-ray release from Sony, rather than either TT, Mill Creek or Shout Factory. Still, it nice that an obscure title is getting some love.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It is Ok film...but in this day and age, how does PENDULUM warrant a blu ray release from Sony while so many better films languish unreleased?

I would assume all the elements are in place without having to do any restoration work from Crispin Glover who no doubt is focused on the more "important" Sony catalog. Warners continually gets these "why this and not that" complaints. Hey, I'd love to see a Sony blu ray of You Can't Run Away From It with June Allyson but in this day and age, does it warrant a blu ray release from Sony while so many better films languish unreleased? I say yes.

And I'm looking forward to Pendulum as I do all things Jean Seberg.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Sony is also releasing the more noted CASUALTIES OF WAR then. Are these Choice Collection titles or is that done?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Sony is also releasing the more noted CASUALTIES OF WAR then. Are these Choice Collection titles or is that done?

It's unclear at this moment. At the very least perhaps they realized the bad mojo of going BD-R and have decided to rebrand these archive-style barebone releases with pressed discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks