What's new

Pelican arcade stick (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was in my local Software Etc. yesterday and saw an arcade stick made by Pelican that looks pretty good and feels solid. Wood enclosure, arcade buttons, etc. I haven't been able to find any information on it though, even on Pelican's site. Anyone have any experience with it? There was also one for Gamecube. Cost was 49.99.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
You know it's funny. I was at my local Software Etc. store (well now its Gamestop) and I saw that to. 50 bucks aint bad for how it looks.

If anyone knows anything Please let us know how these control.

I even had a thought to build an arcade cabinet using two of these. Are they the same excact build and depth as the XBOX one?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I figure it might be worth a purchase and possible return if it winds up being junk. I'll need to scrape up some stuff to trade though. If I go for it I'll post my impressions.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well did you buy it? What do *you* think? I wouldn't trust anyone whose biceps are bigger than my own (I trust no one). :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I picked this up yesterday and am impressed. Very solid and responsive and it sits very nicely in the lap (hence the size of the thing). Takes a little getting used to after using a controller for so long but I'm definitely making progress. One thing I've noticed - and it's only an initial observation - it doesn't seem to respond well to button mashing, which I think is a good thing. You have to know what you're doing. Once you know the moves then pulling them off goes without a hitch. Start smashing buttons and you're screwed. I don't know if that's a switch/signal trigger issue or what but I can see the benefit when going up against someone who just jackrabbits the buttons and kicks your butt.

BTW I've decided to sell my alloy arcade stick for Dreamcast and have it on eBay if anyone is interested.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I've owned one since Soul Calibur II came out, and I love it. All the negatives I've read I've never experienced, granted I own a house so the size isn't a deal for me :)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks