What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Some stories lend itself well to numerous film adaptations over the years; case in point: Harry Hervey’s little-known – yet ultimately most consequential for his career – Sky Over China. Paramount Pictures filmed that story three times, but not in its original title. The first adaptation was the expressionistic Pre-Code Marlene Dietrich vehicle Shanghai Express (1932), the second was the WWII adventure Night Plane from Chungking (1943), and the third – and last adaptation to date – was the Hal B. Wallis produced and William Dieterle directed noir-tinged Peking Express. Kino has licensed the third adaptation of Hervey’s oft-filmed story for its home video debut.

Peking Express (1951)

Released: 26 Oct 1951
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 95 min

Director: William Dieterle
Genre: Action, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: Joseph Cotten, Corinne Calvet, Edmund Gwenn...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I’m unclear, IMDb lists two versions, 95 and 81 minutes. This is listed as 95 minutes original runtime, 85 minutes disc runtime. Is this yet a third cut, but not the uncut version?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I like Corinne Calvet and I'm not much of a fan of Marlene Dietrich - I admire her far more as a person than as a show biz performer - so I'll buy this disc. Thanks for the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks