Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special Issues

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brandon.B, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Brandon.B

Brandon.B Stunt Coordinator

I picked up Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special on DVD yesterday and when I put it in the player, I noticed there was a lot of pixilation throughout the DVD in different parts and when going to the chapter selections, the little previews in each ornament were all pixilated and were skipping like crazy. I have a Toshiba SD-430VSC.

I thought it was the DVD, so I returned it and got a new copy. Put it in, same thing is happening. However, the DVD works on the Hitachi DVD/VCR player I have. I also noticed the DVD is region 0. Could this have anything to do with it? Just wondering why it would only be happening with this DVD. Its region was all I could think of and this particular Toshiba having problems playing with it, as being the reason.

Anyone else have this problem or know what the issue is? Should I invest in a better Player or is this Toshiba I have considered a really good player? Any info/help would be appreciated.

2. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I have no pixelation issues but the commentary refuses to play on my copy. Tried it on the computer too, so it shouldn't be a player issue.

3. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

No problems on mine, not with regular playback, not with the commentarys, it plays fine.

4. Brandon.B

Brandon.B Stunt Coordinator

Ok, weird. My commentary works great on mine, its just the pixilation at parts and the skipping like crazy at the chapter selections. Strange.

Thanks, though [​IMG]