1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearl Jam- 'Touring Band' DVD Rot?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan_TD, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Ryan_TD

Ryan_TD Stunt Coordinator

Anyone out there who has this might want to check it out again at some point..

i put this on the other day to show some friends and could not believe the terrible pixelation

i haven't viewed this since it came out around a year ago. since then i went from a 27" to a 34" tv (may have a little to do with it) and i know its full frame/somewhat amateur quality - but i don't remember it being this bad.

i think it may be the beginning stage of......DVD ROT!!!

i know there are many of you who believe in dvd rot as much as bigfoot and the lochness monster(i can't spell), but alas, it does exist.

2. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I have the disc too. As far as I know, it was shot with consumer camcorders that were given to various stage crewmembers who were NOT pro. videographers.
    Mine looks same as it did. Perhaps going to the bigger set revealed more of the video "noise" inherent in the recording. They wanted it to look gritty and "bootleggy".
    Peace! D