What's new

Pearl Jam Rearview Mirror cd (1 Viewer)

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Greatest Hits due to be released tomorrow 11/16 !
Does anyone know the track listings?
Is this 1 or 2 discs??
Thanks!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Big Pearl Jam fan, not interested in this one at all.

Between that collection of rarities (Lost Dogs?) and all the live releases, I'm not sure Pearl Jam has anything left to throw onto a greatest hits CD that would make it interesting to PJ fans.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
The track listing posted above is incorrect.

Here's the real one:

Disc One:

1. Once
2. Alive
3. Evenflow
4. Jeremy
5. State of Love and Trust
6. Animal
7. Go
8. Dissident
9. Rearviewmirror
10. Spin the Black Circle
11. Corduroy
12. Not for You
13. I Got Shit
14. Hail, Hail
15. Do the Evolution
16. Save You

Disc Two:

1. Black
2. Breath
3. Daughter
4. Elderly Woman
5. Immortality
6. Better Man
7. Nothingman
8. Who You Are
9. Off He Goes
10. Given to Fly
11. Wishlist
12. Last Kiss
13. Nothing as it Seems
14. Light Years
15. I am Mine
16. Man of the Hour
17. Yellow Ledbetter

The only real things of interest are the three remixed tracks from Ten: "Once", "Alive", and "Black".

Other than those, the only other thing I'd be interested in would be "Man of the Hour"--don't have a copy of the studio version. Have all the other stuff.

$11.9x at Target, Best Buy, and Circuit this week. I'm taking a pass.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Sorry bout the bad track listing, I just quickly grabbed it off of futureshop's site, I should have looked it over :b

I might pick this up eventually(Nirvana will be taking my cash next week) since there are a handful of tracks I don't have proper versions of (SoLaT, I Got Shit, Breathe, MotH) and I'm interested in the remastered Ten songs(although I have a feeling the whole album will be re-done eventually).

Nice cash grab by Sony.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
well, this CD indeed has a lot of their best songs, but most people who like Pearl Jam already have those and can simply burn their own version from their collection. This cd seems to be aimed at younger kids who didnt live through the 90's. Wow, thats scary, I feel old now. I think I would've prefered a dual disc release of Ten.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine, a huge PJ fan, told me they released this to fulfill their obligation to Epic. Its a good CD for people like me who like PJ but not enough to buy all the bootlegs, etc.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
as a huge PJ fan, i'm going to pass on this, i dont think it could benefit me at all, i already have all their officially released cds and lossless audio copies of nearly every show they performed, dont think i need a compliation of their studio stuff and tracks from lost dogs.

CJ

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
pearl jam sells out! ;) :D

actually i just picked this up and it is *perfect* for me. i've always been a mild fan, enjoyed their singles, but never quite got into them.

this compilation really does it for me. obviously it includes all their hits, but it seems to have a good selection of songs that i haven't heard, but can instantly tell i'm going to like.

it's exactly what i was lookin' for and i'm glad they did it.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I really like this set, and it has gotten me back into a 90's kick. Now I'm getting some of their older stuff used. Any suggestions from the hardcore fans? Also, which dvd's do you guys reccomend?

As for cd's I own now... it's "Ten, Vitology, Riot Act, and the Rearview Mirror cd set." Where do I go next? Lost Dogs? or what? Same question for dvds.

KrisM

Second Unit
I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan, but I own all of their albums, and a few downloaded concerts. I would get Vs if I were you. I picked up Rearview Mirror and Lost Dogs on vinyl awhile back and have really been enjoying Dogs. You might want the proper albums first though.
I've been listening to alot of PJ lately. I've tickets to their show on Labour Day.:emoji_thumbsup:

Regards
KrisM

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I love Lost Dogs and highly recommend it, especially if you lean toward early Pearl Jam like that of 10 and Vs.

For proper albums, Vs. would be the next choice on my list, but No Code is also a solid album and IMO better than Yield or Binaural.

Bryan_P

Stunt Coordinator
Just get all their albums!!

But yeah, I'd get Vs. first, then just go in order with No Code, Yield and Binaural. They're all good.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. Yes, I'm sure I'll end up getting them all, especially with their older stuff being used and cheap. Now help me out with dvd's. Which dvd do I start with? the 2003 concert, or that "Touring band" dvd?

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Well, I would call myself a hardcore fan so... for albums, just get them all, I'd suggest Yield first. I would also get any of their live bootlegs.

As for the dvd's you can't go wrong with either one. Touring Band is a compilation from their Binaural tour while LATG is one concert from 2003. If picture quality is a concern, TB has a very grainy look, just so you know. Other than that they are both great and also have different setlists. As far as I know they are both pretty cheap so just get both :). And if you like Yield pick up the Single Video Theory dvd. It's short but it has interviews and clips of the band during the Yield sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks