What's new

Pearl Harbor Vista series delayed?? (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I really haven't heard anything about this... where did you see this mentioned?
The major e-tailers still have it listed as 15/01/02.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

PatrikB

Grip
Dont know but check out this thread on DVD-Depot :
Link Removed
Strange that neither DVDFile or The Digital Bits have picked up on this if its true.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote from the thread you pointed us to:
Kryten,
I was sorta intrigued by your comment and spoke to Disney..
Your comment is bang on and we are both right.
They admitted that they pushed the DC out till May cuz it was hurting their sales of the 2 Dec versions..
So since they can't get the sales this year, they pushed it to May so that they would get more sales this year..
Unbelievable..
The things that public companies do to drive share prices...
I just got through being unbelievably happy with Disney, due to Ron's post about the OAR VHS for this title.
NOW they went and did THIS.
Well...no matter. I didn't see it in theaters and I will wait until May for the proper Director's Cut version of the DVD.
Kudos to Disney for at least being up-front on this issue. No matter what, I would rather at least have that honesty. Remember, they could have tricked us out-and-out like many other studios have done before.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Mark E J

Second Unit
Do you suppose this means that they WILL release the DC to theaters first? I always felt it would be odd to release the DC in theaters then release it to video a month later. So maybe the change in the date has some thing to do with this.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Could mean it's taking longer then expected to do up the effects for the R-rated cut. Be nice if David Prior could pop in and post about this...
Dan (UK)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Mark McLeod posted this in another thread:
DVDBlokes.com seem to have spoken to David Prior who did indeed confirm a possible delay for the Vista Series release of PH.
"At this point, there is no definate revised date, but January is looking less likely (despite everyone's efforts to the contrary) simply because the new director's cut master has taken a long time to complete. Throw in a
record breaking amount of supplemental material, and it should be clear why we had to move it. Michael Bay wants it out as early as possible, but we'll just have to wait and see how soon that is"
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
Call me cynical, but it smells like (marketing)
"Buy Gift Set in December, then buy Vista in May."
If the release dates were only ~a month apart, most people would wait, but now.......?

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I doubt this will increase sales. The people who want the DC will simply wait.
If they are delaying so they can do it right, I have no problem with this.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The way I understand it is that Disney wanted both the directors cut and theatrical cut to be done for the December 4th date. This wasn't possible so they announced the January 2002 date for the Vista Series disc. Then there were some delays in getting everything ready including Bay's new cut of the film and an insane amount of extras (according to David Prior). While they were still hopeful the disc could make it's date they decided to push it back. Part of the reason for this could be that they were already losing sales of the DC untill after Xmas. Then orders on the December disc were down due to people waiting for the DC Vista release so they used the fact that there MAY have been a need for a delay on it to push it back to what appears to be the month of May 2002.
So apparently the Directors Cut Vista Series will now be released sometime after Jan 15. The disc's producer David Prior gave a quote to DVDBlokes.com claiming that Bay wants it out ASAP though so the new May date might not stick.
As for DTS on the DC Vista Series cut. I hope so but only David Prior or someone at Buena Vista/Disney would know that info. Maybe someone will pop in and let us know.
Mark

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
At Amazon.com they have the soundtracks listed at 5.1, 2.0, and a neat feature, a 5.1 Sound effects track! But Still wish it had DTS.

Hubert

Second Unit
I thought the 3-disc version wasn't slated to come out until January anyway? What's the official name of the 3-disc version? I didn't think it was the director's cut.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: What's the official name of the 3-disc version?[/quote]
Shit, I don't know... maybe Pearl Harbor: Vista Series?
Also, the Vista Series set will indeed have DTS (as stated by the press release).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on October 12, 2001 at 09:55 PM]

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
When I was out in LA for the HTF meet, I spoke with some folks from Disney and they said that Michael Bay had not completed his Director's Cut of the film yet. I'm sure that this is the reason for the delay.
Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks