What's new

Pearl Harbor trailer music (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Someone may have already asked about this, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I noticed that the teaser trailer's music on the Pearl Harbor DVD is different than the music on Total Movie's DVD. They are the same exact trailer except for that. Did anyone else notice this or am I wrong?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I dont have the pearl Harbor DVD, but I know exactly what the music used for it's theatrical trailers and the total movie dvd is.

The name of that music is "Journey To The Line" by Hanz Zimmer, from THIN RED LINE soundtrack.

I have no intention of buying the Pearl Harbor DVD, so I most likely will no hear what music the used instead. Perhaps there was rights issues.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
They had rights issues soon after the release of the early teaser using the Thin Red Line cue. That's a shame they could not get them again for presentation of the trailer on the DVD, I've been told it now uses an actual cue from the movie now, can anyone confirm?

Dan (UK)

Mark E J

Second Unit
Yes, the teaser on the DVD now uses a cue from the PH movie itself. I'm not sure the name of the cue but it is the one played over the Oklahoma sinking in the movie. I actually think the cue is quite good once you get used to it.

The full trailer contains the same mix of cues from The Crow and original trailer music used in the internet version. However on a strange note, the full trailer is NOT the US version but the international version which contains a slightly different cut and removes most of the FDR voice-over.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure which trailer you're talking about, but the new 60th anniversary home video TV commercials feature "The Rhythm of the Heat" by Peter Gabriel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks