What's new

Pearl Harbor Remake Someday? (1 Viewer)

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Bay's Pearl Harbor had it's moments , but I hope it does not end up being Hollywood's last word on Pearl Harbor. Tora! Tora! Tora! was great, but I would love to see it remade with todays special effects and sound. It seems like all movies get remade eventually, especially ones with an incredibly fascinating subject matter like Pearl Harbor. So how long do we have to wait for a full blown Hollywood special effects extravanganza that's focus is telling the true story of Pearl Harbor without some studio committee's contrived live story? 10 years, 20 years?

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
After the Bay version, unfortunatly i think it will be a long time before we see a Pearl Harbor remake. Twenty plus years IMO.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think we can be sure there will be another Pearl Harbor movie
Hopefully the next one will contain mostly facts ;)

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew Chmiel - Ditto!!

Brennan Hill - Personally, I thought Pearl Harbor was a remake or Tora Tora Tora! with todays effects. Well, it basically is the same thing, only it has some gay love story. Only thing I liked about the new Pearl Harbor was the awsome effects that Tora! Tora! Tora! is lacking (only because of it's age though)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, it basically is the same thing, only it has some gay love story.
Where? Ben & Josh got it on and I missed it? Curse those review deadlines! :D
Actually, right after I left the theater I asked why they didn't just remake Midway. At least that love story was believeable ;)

Brian E

Screenwriter
I would like to see something new as far as war film subject matter. There are plenty of events from WWI, Korea & Vietnam that haven't been approached on film. Not to mention the French & Indian war, Spanish American War, Mexican War. The Civil War has a few coming up that should be pretty good. Unfortunately most of this would more than likely be a dismal failure box office wise unless done like PH, so I doubt we'll see it.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
It's only a remake if they use the same story line (love triangle with the same characters, etc.). There's no reason someone else can't make another movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Brian E

Screenwriter
What Civil War films are coming out soon?
Gods and Generals will be out this Fall/Winter and they'll start working on The Last Full Measure soon. If you're not familiar these are the prequel and sequel to Gettysburg (The Killer Angels) respectively.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Bah, a couple of movies on the Civil War in the sideshow Eastern Theater. We need movies on the War in the West; Vicksburg, Chickamauga, Stones River, Atlanta etc. One could make a great movie on Franklin; the doomed Cleburne, peg-legged Hood high on laudanum ranting at his generals, the doomed assaults against the entrenched black-hatted Western Yankees, the wild counterattack of Opdyke's Illinoisans and Buckeyes. Ever notice how many of the Union reenactors in the Gettysburg movie wore black slouch hats and looked like Western Yankees? Must be a macho thing in the reenactor world. In some scenes the 20th Maine looked more like they shoulda been the 20th Illinois.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Are there any more WAR movies coming up (not just Civil War)?

I heard Spielberg is going to begin shooting "Ghost Soldiers" soon with Tom Cruise. I also remember hearing rumors that Oliver Stone is developing another Vietnam film.

Anyone else got any info on upcoming projects?

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Bill J I've read that Michael Mann is making a movie on the stand of Leonidas and his 300 Spartan hoplites at the pass of Thermopolae (sp?). And Ron Howard is making a movie on the Alamo.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I also remember reading that Quentin Tarantino is developing a World War II film. The bad news is that he wants Adam Sandler to be the lead actor. Now that's scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks