What's new

PEARL HARBOR now to be a 4-disc set...???? (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... 4 discs for Pearl Harbor eh? Here's hoping for FIVE discs for The Fellowship of the Ring directors cut :D
Brian

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
How can there really be two discs of extras for Pearl Harbor? I mean, are they just not using the other parts of the first two discs? With a three hour movie like this, yes they split it up to keep up video and audio quality but don't assume that means they use the entire disc space. Not even SuperBit does that. But seriously, what more could they have that doesn't fit on 1 1/2 discs?

-Tom

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Well, I think the first two discs will be packed. We've got a 3 hour movie. DD5.1, DTS, Dolby headphone track.

In addition, commentaries...I don't know if its going to be one fat-arsed one or a few separate ones:

There's commentary by Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck & Josh Hartnett (together), Michael Bay with his film teacher Janine Basinger, Jerry Bruckheimer, John Schwartzman, Michael Kaplan, Nigel Phelps, Martin Lange and Hans Zimmer.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Dick, is it hurting you that Pearl Harbor is getting 4- discs? If you don't like the movie, don't buy it...plain and simple.

If another director wants to do supplements for a big release, I am sure most studios would not turn them away.

As for your personal problems with Michael Bey that are evident from your comments about him, I think you two should take that up on your own time. Personal attacks are forbidden on this forum.

J

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
My main question is will the DTS and DD5.1 films be on seperate discs, making the entire movie on a single dvd? Cuz damn do I hate having to change discs! This is a DVD, not an LD!!!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Well, I think the first two discs will be packed. We've got a 3 hour movie. DD5.1, DTS, Dolby headphone track.

In addition, commentaries...I don't know if its going to be one fat-arsed one or a few separate ones:

Actually, it will be the equivalent of two 1.5 hour movies on two discs. The Se7en Platinum set packed a 2 hour movie with four commentaries and DTS onto one DVD nicely, so let's assume Pearl Harbor does the same and uses the other disc for an hour of movie. Still half of that disc left for extras. Like I said, does this movie really need more than 1 1/2 discs of extras or are they trying to milk the market with bigger-than-life special editions?

-Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks