Pearl Harbor DC won't work on my Malata player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_ME, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I tried one copy that had a scratch on Disc 1, so I exchanged it for another without a scratch. Yet with both copies, whenever I try it on my Malata N-996 player, the movie skips repeatedly. Just to make sure it wasn't a batch of defective discs at my local Best Buy(you never know), I tested it on my piece of crap Hitachi player that never gives me an easy time with DVDs, and it played perfectly.

Has anyone else had this problem playing Pearl Harbor DC on either a Malata player or any other brand? I know there have been plenty of discs from Disney in the past that gave people headaches, and I'm wondering if this is just the latest incident.

BTW, if I ended up having to return it, do you think Best Buy would give me a refund or would they make me exchange it for something of equal value?

2. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I was reading a thread at the DVDTalk forums, and all of or most of the people that had problems with their discs go them from Best Buy. Maybe that has something to do with it.

3. Patrick G

Patrick G Second Unit

I swear those Malata players have more problems.... I finally got fed up and got rid of mine.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Did you replace that player with another of similar capabilities Patrick?

5. Patrick G

Patrick G Second Unit

Sure did. JVC XV-SA75GD with region-free modification.

6. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

I got mine from costco and it did the same thing. I have a sony 560D, so I doubt the problem is restricted to Best Buy disks. I returned it but have not had time to check the new disk.