What's new

Pearl Harbor DC packaging is incredible! (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
There's an ad for it in this week Video Store Magazine and I have to admit the packaging is borderline brilliant. It comes in a fold up simulated leather wallet, with a simulated leather pouch to hold the four DVD's. It also includes an exact replica of the Presidents letter to Congress declaring war on Japan. There's a twenty four page booklet, and cast photos that are made up to look like war propaganda posters. Even the artwork on the DVD's is well thought out. All of this stuff fits very neatly inside the compact packaging. The design is very 1940's.

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I agree with you the package looks very nice but it doesn't change the fact that the movie pretty much sucks IMO.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, we all know how little Michael Bay is appriciated around here.
2 good things you can say about the man
1-He knows exactly what he makes, and doesn't try to dress it up as some meaningful piece of cinema
2-He hates Super35 with a passion, vowing NEVER AGAIN after The Rock :D

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
...it doesn't change the fact that the movie pretty much sucks IMO.
Great review. :rolleyes
Too bad the Vista Series release of Pearl Harbor features a different cut of the film. One where the love story is toned down and the devastation of Pearl Harbor has more impact.
And one of the "President's letters" is also included with the 60th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Set.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, i've seen the packaging and it is incredible I must say.

The thing to keep in mind here is that this is going to be a totally new cut of the film. Disney, and no doubt Bruckheimer, wanted that whole love story, they were obviously trying to capitalize on 'Titanic's' formula, they also cut down alot of the attack sequence to get a PG-13 rating, why? To get as many butts in the seats as possible to make more money.

This new version will be Bay's personal cut. It will be quite different from what we have now, so I would withhold judgment until you've seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks