Pearl Harbor: DC features a piece on why OAR is better!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Nov 29, 2000
    So I just popped in my copy of Pearl Harbor: DC for the first time, and I went to setup to choose DTS. Once I entered the setup menu, I realized that the cursor was in an empty box. I clicked it and up came this brief piece on why widescreen and OAR is better! Sorry if this has been noted before on here, but I thought it was pretty cool and did an excellent job. If I weren't already enlightened, I sure as hell would be now. You all should check it out and show it to all your friends who complain about the "black bars." Well, I'm off to actually watch the movie now. I just wanted to share this with you all. Enjoy!

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Jun 30, 1997
    It is a good piece, it's just disappointing that they sort of hid it as an easter egg by not labeling it. How many people are just going to hit enter?[​IMG]
  3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Oct 31, 1997
    I do wish they'd make it more obvious. Die Hard 5 star had a great piece on it, but it was on the second disc, like 2 menu levels down from the main menu!

This should be mandatory viewing (or at least a top-level menu item).

Fox back in the VHS days when they did Widescreen (it was in those gold VHS boxes, I still have some at home) - they had an explanatory Widescreen vs. P&S at the beginning of the tape. I didn't mind it at all, I'd FF it if I was alone, if I had company I'd let it play and use it to educate my guests (if they didn't know about OAR that is).