Pearl Harbor DC delayed again!?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark E J, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Mark E J

Mark E J Second Unit

I was going through Dark Horizions today and found this:

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

[​IMG]

3. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

Somebody please tell me this isn't true. I thought waiting until May was going to be difficult but waiting almost a full year is going to be close to intolerable for me. Anybody have any idea what in the world the additional delay could be for? Mr. Prior, the DVD producer, just recently posted that this 4 disc set was confirmed for May 2002. We're not talking about a two week delay but up to an additional 5 months (Fall 2002). Is this simply a marketing decision by Disney to somehow maximize sales?[​IMG]

4. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I suspect that the high sales figures of the current release have somehow influenced their decision to push it back.

Think about it. Many people who aren't enthusiasts have been purchasing the current DVD. Many who are enthusiasts, have bought the current release (like myself) and plan on buying the future one as well. Any who were holding out for that edition may be more incline to purchase the theatrical version now and maybe the director's cut later.

Or I could be completely off my rocker (wouldn't be a first).

5. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Well, I can see why they are taking this long....a director's cut of this film that would actually be worth watching would involve having a talented screenwriter write a new script, hiring new actors, give or take 3-6 months of filming, and time for ILM to make new effects shots. I'm actually surprised it's gonna be so soon. [​IMG]

6. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Count me in as one who is hoping this isn't true (David Prior, please say it ain't so!). If this is the case, I may end up purchasing the 60th Anniv. edition after all, though I had made up my mind to wait until may for the DC (I'll still get the DC whenever it does debut, however).