What's new

Peacock Peacock Plucks Its Free Tier From New Users (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
No more free tier on Peacock, apparently for new sign-ups, although most of their content was behind a paywall anyway (even next-day NBC programs).

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Interesting, as this was not mentioned in the Next TV article:

Peacock, which ended 2022 with 20 million paid subscribers, is also offering one-year of the $4.99 monthly option for $29.99 (regularly $49.99) to new subscribers for a limited time.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Apparently, there is a plan to end free Premium service for Comcast customers

They are starting to realize what Apple figured out about a year after launching Apple TV+, that the majority of their subscribers were comped (i.e. nonpaying subscribers), and were set to lose money on those subscribers.

This transition is more long-term, though for Comcast customers. I am sure the local station owners would like to see this happen sooner than later. Although I am not a Comcast customer, I do tend to watch my NBC shows on Peacock (even on the paid ad-supported tier) because the streaming service is less likely to cut in late or break-in to middle of the show to run more local ads and news promos, which my local NBC affiliate seems to do very often.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks