What's new

Peacemaker (HBO MAX 2022) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
CAE9B6F2-723D-48AF-8952-656E977ECACE.gif

"I can't pee when clothes are touching my butt!!"

I thought it was hilarious that, despite the advanced suit, his dad still had to follow around some idiot with an iPad.

Loved the doctor and nurses at the vet clinic and the dude that gave Judomaster the thumbs-up after he beat the shit outta those guys.

But I'm really gonna miss the opening title-sequence after next week. Hope Gunn can match it for S2.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think this show might be the best thing Gunn has ever done. Part of me wants him to stick to TV going forward -- a perfect format for him; he gets all these extra hours to do character-stuff, and he does not waste a second of it.

I read an interview with Gunn early in the show's run where he basically said he didn't know what he was doing when it came to television. But it turns out he's really good at it, and the serialized format works with his sensibilities almost better than features. It's some of the best-structured week-to-week TV I've seen in a while.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That whole sequence was awesome. Never imagined it would happen. Can't believe that they managed to keep this quiet.

I'm still not sure if Eagly couldn't understand what Peacemaker wanted him to do, or just didn't want to do it. Either way, that was a great scene as well.

I almost cried when I thought Harcourt died.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The barn attack was some rad John Wick-shit. Didn't know Gunn had that in his repertoire.

Also, totally called it (or, credit where it's due, Discord called it), re: the Butterflies' vow to fix the humans' stupid mistakes on planet Earth by any means necessary, similar to Peacemaker’s own vow. Can't wait to see how Gunn integrates the Goff/Sophie-Butterfly into next season's storyline, here (assuming that Peacemaker can find some food for it?).

Last edited:

spshultz

Second Unit
Real Name
John Ratzen
Just finished the last episode and damn, what a great freaking show! The second season cannot come soon enough. I just don't know how Gunn and crew are going to top that.

Oh and I'm with RC, I watch the title sequence all the way through, every, single, time.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
On paper I should love this show:

1) A TV series about a B-list Punisher-type no holds barred hero? Sounds great!
2) Speaking of B-list Punisher types - Vigilante! I loved that series.
3) Amazing soundtrack full of old and semi-recent hard rock tunes. Love it.
4) Hilarious opening credits sequence.

But.. all the promos and clips I have seen so far have been a bit underwhelming. I like the line about not needing to shoot someone who's already dead, but the rest fell flat for me. Especially that "butt babies" routine.

Also, this isn't quite the kind of Vigilante I was hoping for. I'd prefer more of the original Daredevil/Punisher type. This seems like a Napoleon Dynamite/Deadpool cross. I did like the scene where he fought that White Dragon guy though.

I was still thinking about watching the series, but the butterflies clip I saw made me reconsider. Just not into the horror elements.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I thought The Suicide Squad was absolute ass and one of the worst movies I’ve ever tried watching. Having said that, I watched the first episode of Peacemaker and laughed my ass off. I’m probably going to binge the rest of the season this weekend.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Hunh. I was surprised, as I didn't know that How to Get Away With Murder was over (I never watched it, so wasn't following whether it was still going or not).

I'm of two minds about this. I had a strong dislike for the Wall in the first Suicide Squad film, though it was because I thought the character was horribly written, not because of any problems with Viola Davis. She was better in Gunn's Squad film, but I'd like to see something where she's the focus of the story rather than a supporting character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RGG
Recent bookmarks