What's new

PE vs Adire 250 W plate amps (1 Viewer)

James Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Any input on this? Im starting on a DIY sub but torn between the 2. For now Ill be using it for a 12 Rockford which I believe will give good respone but will eventually use for a tempest.

Im open to other suggestions for a plate amp at this price range.

Thanks for any input!

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
For the price definitely the PE. I think another reason is that it is really easy to configure/change its parameters on bass boost or cut.

Furthermore, it was the only I could find a review on the Net and it measured even better than promised (280Watts instead of 250 if I recall correctly).

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
they're the same amp actually. adire has just customized the bass boost/rumble filter. i believe the settings adire uses have been posted in the past, which would allow you to customize the bass boost/rumble filter the exact same way.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
PE is selling two versions of their model now. The 794 has the boost disabled but a rumble filter somewhere between 17-19hz can't remember which right now. The 796 has 6dB of boost just above 30hz.

There is one other difference between the AVA250 and PE version right now. Adire has added a switch to the AVA250 that allows you to diable the crossover. Like has been said, other than this and the boost/rumbler filter (which you can change to whatever you want on both just by swapping a couple resistors) they are identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks