What's new

PE amp won't turn on!!! (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
So I noticed that my sub wasn't hitting when I turned on the system this morning...I go to check the amp, and it won't turn on! I checked all connections, everything's good...I don't really touch it anyway. The switch from off->auto->on doesn't turn the light on at all!

Any suggestions? Please? I emailed PE too...I miss my bass!!!

:frowning:

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have the red light? If not, you may have a blown fuse, check that. If you do, what happens when you move the switch to on?

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Joe,

Definitely check the fuse. It's located in the power plug. Remove the power cord, and just under the plug there's a removable section that holds the fuse. There should be a spare fuse in there as well. If blown, try the spare.

I had this happen with the PE250. It worked fine for a few days and then nothing. I finally found the blown fuse and replaced it, and it would immediately blow the fuse on powerup. PE replaced the amp with no hassle.

Andy

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys...I see the fuse panel, how do I remove it? I can't tell if that little piece comes off or I have to unscrew the entire plug area...the screwdriver's upstairs and I have to sleep soon, but I'll try everything first thing in the morning (can't really test out the amp right now anyway, everybody's asleep).

And yeah, no red light.

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
Joe,

The fuse panel will come out; you don't have to unscrew the plug. I don't remember exactly how to remove the panel, but it was easy. It's either a friction fit where you pull it out, or it pops out if you press on it. Either way it comes out with finger pressure and no tools required. I'll look at mine tonight and report back if you haven't found it.

Andy

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Alright, cool, I grabbed a flathead and popped it open, replaced the fuse (sure enough, it had blown), and now I'm back to good ol', heart-pounding bass.

Thanks guys...as for the fuse itself, now that I don't have a backup, is this something I can find at a Home Depot or radio shack near here, or do I have to order replacements from PE?

Andrew Testa

Second Unit
They're standard fuses. The amp rating is stamped on the end. You should be able to buy them anywhere. I got replacemetns at Radio Shack.

If it continues to blow fuses call PE right away. They will replace the amp with no hassle.

Andy

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks Andrew, I figured as much. The sub seems to be okay for now...I do recall that the lights had dimmed a few times in the last few days, so I imagine that's what did it, with the dips and surges. (it wasn't plugged into the surge protector, just the wall...so that's changed now).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.