What's new

PE 15" DVC Sub Sale (1 Viewer)

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Oh no!

I JUST placed an order for the 12" Dayton. I was originally gonna go with a Tempest but at the $85 price I couldn't resist the Dayton. Would the 15" Dayton be a better option? Is it similar to the Tempest in the same way the 12" Dayton is similar to the Shiva?

I want to put it in a 20" tube that can be no more than 4 feet tall (4 ft of tube that is) since I already have the piece of sonotube. What driver is best suited to these limitations?

I still don't quite understand how to use the programs out there to determine optimal internal volume but owuld like to go with the smallest tube (under 4 feet) that would meet my needs and make the most of the driver.

Based on some of the dimensions people mention here this sounds too small for a 15" driver so the 12" may be a better match. Am I right? Will I get more bass for ym buck with the 15"? Help, the deal is only on for another day.

Thanks in advance

Robin Smith

Jedd

Second Unit
I'm also interested, how does DVC compare to Tempest for ~140L sealed design, with 250W amp?

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Someone who knows drivers better than me please chime in here... would the 15" Dayton be reasonably close to Tempest in terms of an IB sub setup?

Rick

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rick,

I think the DVC 15 is basically a Tempest clone as well. I know Andrew Pratt got tired of waiting on the Tempest when it was first introduced and went with the DVC 15 instead!

Brian

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
The 15inch DVC is very close to the Tempest. Dan uses his Tempest in a 130l box, mine is closer to 150l, and I agree 100% with him, it's an AWESOME music sub, but it will give your room a solid shaking. And it's very clean and punchy too (The Matrix - rescuing Neo scene - helicopter turret gun MUST be heard!!!)

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I emailed sales@partsex[press.com to request that they change my order from the 12" to the 15". Hopefully it'll all work out!
Thanks
Robin Smith

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Robin,

Call them. I just changed mine order from the 12 to the 15. Luckly I ordered via the net, so it did not ship yet. The folks at PE are great.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Yes I used the DVC 15" in my old sub and it was very impressive. Like someone said its basically a clone of the tempest with some minor TS parameter adjustments but in the real world I doubt anyone would be able to hear the differences between a tempest and the DVC...both are excellent subs and for $99 they are a steal.
For the IB sub the tempests are generally thought of as the better choice though since the TS parameters are nearly ideal for the tempests in the IB config...the DVC's are very close as well but if they were similar in price the tempests get the nod...that said now that the DVC's are on sale for $99 they are awful hard to pass up. Figures these would go on sale a week after I'd ordered two tempests for the new IB sub:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks