What's new

PE 12 DVC enclosure help? (1 Viewer)

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
I went and purchased 2 PE DVC 12's on sale earlier. I could use a little enclosure help from the guru's. This will be for HT only, no music. Any recomendations? I was thinking the 2.6 cuft ported with the F3 at 26hz. Low and reference levels are my goal. I would not mind a little lower downpoint. I will be using a QSC 850 and my room is 16x22x8.
Here are the specs
http://www.partsexpress.com/Tech/295-185.html
P.S. If I need to pick up another pair let me know.
TIA

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
How about both drivers in a single 7.5-8.5 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 18-20hz with a pair of 4" ports or a single 6" port.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Yea, that's ported, tuned to ~21 Hz. That's with both drivers in a single enclosure. It's probably as small as you want to go, tho. Bigger is ,usually, better! :)
You could go smaller, if sealed, but would probably want an EQ to boost the last octave or so.
Pete

Michael Do

Agent
I just ordered 2 of these to go with 2 Adire's PR. It's gonna be driver and PR's on all side and here's the number I came up with and I didn't wanna go to big either. 4.4cf tune to 23Hz with an F3 at 24Hz. So it's probably pretty similar to the ported designs.

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Hold the phone. The 15" DVC went on sale is AM. I canceled the 12's and now going with (2) 15'S. PE is a dream to do business with.

I hate to ask for box info for the 15, so where can I download some modeling software?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'd go for both in a 500-600L enclosure tuned to 16hz with a pair of 6" ports. Put a driver and port on each endcap.

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dustin.

That is close to 17cu ft. I doubt I can get that upstairs and around the corner. I will have to do two seperate enclosures. I have a false front wall where my screen and speakers are, and the wall is sealed from the back so I can only use one side of the box. Hope I made sense. I sure do like those numbers. I can rebuild the wall (my wife will love that) if I need to and assemble it in the room if need be. Will I loose anything by going with 2 seperate cabinets?

Thanks I download WinISD and kinda lost on figuring out the size, ports, and mach factor???? I assume that is port speed ie noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks