Pdr10

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Kevinkall, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Second Unit

Any thoughts on the Paradigm PDR10 sub? I currently have Paradigm Atoms and the CC-170 center in a small listening area. Will the PDR10 blend in well? I currently am using the Sony WM40. Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. Charles M Berry

Charles M Berry Stunt Coordinator

Simply put, Yes it will. I have the PDR-10 and it is a very good sub. You will have no problem blending it in, and it can give you as much or as little as you want. You definately want to avoid the PDR-8, as it is exceedingly boomy and messy. If you can do a comparison between the 2, you should check it out and comfirm what I have said. I think out of all the Paradigm subs, the PDR-10 is the best "bang for the buck". When you move up into the studio line, you getting what your paying for, but of course your paying a hell of a lot of money.

3. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator

I'm the furthest thing from a sub expert, but I am enjoying my PDR-10 so far. My listening area is 16'x13' with a hallway leading off one end of the room, and a 10'x4' bar adjoined. The sub seems plenty loud to me, and hurts my ears if I'm listening at an irresponsible level. The bass sounds pretty good even in my very-poor-acoustics basement.

It goes down to about 30hZ according to my AVIA DVD. I wish I had the 20-30hZ range as well, but you get what you pay for. My biggest problem is that it causes obnoxious resonant vibrations in multiple items in my HT. Of course, this is true with any sub. I find it especially annoying that my Toshiba TV cabinet rattles like mad at several frequencies (73, 57, and 43).

4. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Second Unit

Thanks for the replies. Going to audition it this weekend!