pdr10 or svs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by shane_watson, Jul 19, 2002.

1. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

hey guys i just purchased a paradigm pdr 10,im happy with its sound and ease of use,but the problem is that i paid 350.00$ for it would it be worth while to invest a 150.00 more for the 25-31 svs sub,i dont want a louder or deeper sub and the pdr seems to fit my needs in my small room 10x14,im hitting the lows i want and stuff is literally already shaking off the wall.any advice would be appreciated.

2. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

If you are happy why switch.

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

If you have the money, just TRY the SVS. If you no likey, send it back and go with the PDR.

Worth the experience, at least.

Calibrate to be fair, though. If you can...

- C

4. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

5. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

Juat came across this, so maybe a switch is in order:

I set my rav at 160 hz,0 phase and volume up 40 percent,set my m-80's to small and the sound is awesome!the m-80's have incredable mid-bass detail and the rava can belt out some really tight low bass with great detail. the only thing about the rava I don't like is the amp won't take sastained loud volume and the amp gets really hot and cuts out. I went threw two of them with the same problem and decided to live with it.