What's new

PDR-10 Sub - should the LED light stay on? (1 Viewer)

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
the Paradigm manual doesn't seem to address this, so thought I'd check and see if anyone who has one knows. the PDR-10 is supposed to have auto shut-off. when I turn off my amp, the amber LED on the front of the sub stays on. I didn't know if this light is supposed to indicate "power-on" or just that it's plugged into the wall. if it's the former, I'm guessing my sub isn't auto detecting when to shut itself off.

thanks.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Lou,

I have the PDR-10 as well. Here's the deal with the led: the LED should only come on when the PDR is receiving a signal from your reciever. So, when you turn on your AVR the LED will not necesarily come on, and when you shut off the AVR the LED should go out after like 10 minutes. It will/should auto-shut off after this fixed period of time, and the LED will go out as well.

One interesting note: you said "amber" LED, and my PDR-10 has only a GREEN LED (at least I dont remember ever seeing a red one). I am unaware of a new PRD-10 model, so I don't know what this means....

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The one I had changed color. Amber when plugged in but no signal, so you know it's in standby mode. Green when getting a signal and off standby.

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the replies. not sure what the deal is with mine. all I'm getting is an "always on" amber light. goes off when I unplug the power, of course, and back on when I plug it back in. seems like the green LED indicating it is getting a signal doesn't work. wonder if this is worth sending it in to Paradigm for.

Dave Bertrand

Auditioning
My PDR-10 is exactly 1 year old, and it has never had anything but an amber LED. It works perfectly, and the light goes out about 10 minutes after the signal stops.

Those other colors must be for models that are either older or newer than yours and mine.

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Dave. that makes me feel better.

however, I shut my system off for a bit (15-20 minutes - the silence was odd), and the amber light still stayed on. it seems like Paradigm has gone through a few "versions" of what the LED does, so maybe it just stays on now, but it would seem more likely it would indicate when it turned on from receiving a signal. I care less about the light, and more that the "auto on" feature is working - wouldn't want the thing to stay on.

maybe it's time to call Paradigm.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Even if it stays on, I wouldn't worry to much about it. The difference between standby, and on without amplifing anything would amount to maybe $10 in electricity over the course of a year.

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys

I might be stating the obvious, but there is a switch on the back of the PDR10 which toggles between Auto sensing and always on

Might be worth checking what position it's in.

For the record I've had my PDR10 for about 4 years and it only has an amber light

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

I was getting embarassed that I had REALLY overlooked the obvious, so I went to re-check the back of the sub. I can find no toggle switch for the auto-on. Where the power cord comes in, below it is written, Auto On. I'm wondering if this is where the switch used to go, and to cut costs, they eliminated it? Really confused now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks