What's new

PD-1100 HTPC Plug and Play DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I am the original owner of this terrific HTPC plug and play DVD scaler/player. Please follow the link for specs and info:

http://www.crtcinema.com/pd1000.html

This unit is 11 months old and in mint condition. I just sent it in before I placed it on the market to verify everything is working perfectly. Purchased for $2,299 last November-they currently sell for $2000. I will sell this unit for $1,150 + $40 shipping and insurance via UPS. They don't normally show up on the used market. Help me finance my new projector purchase.

Thanks
Ron Boster

email: [email protected]
phone: 816-329-5330/work or 816-822-1701/home (please no calls after 9pm central time).

Long time member here and have sold many items here and at audiogon (rboster). You will be treated as I would want to be treated. Thanks for looking!

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Steve: I'm still doing the research. Since our conversation, I'm considering a CRT (the tweaking being the downside). Plus, I'm looking at the 2 chip DLP's. I need to try a DLP for an extended period before I jump on that ship (rainbows still concern me).

Ron

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I'm having trouble with the link. I did get it up once but not since. Can other non-dvd sources be plugged into this player so that the scaler might be used?

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Alan: It appears they maybe having problems with their site. I'll try it again later and repost the info. As far as running other signals thru the HTPC, no there is no option to do that.....it's labeled a scaler to note that the DVD signal is scaled to higher resolution. They talked about this option down the road, but there are no plans on the drawing board that I am aware of....

I did call Projection Systems who produce this player and they said that the lifetime tech support would transfer to the new buyer. Also, if you provide them with the make and model of your particular projector..they will provide the buyer with a cd that will configure the player to their projector's native resolution.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll repost their site info later.

Thanks
Ron

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Ron
In case you are interested I have a excellent condition NEC XG1352LC CRT PJ for sale with new blue and green tubes. IMO it will outperform all the HD2s and cost less.
E-mail me if you are interested.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Ron: Thank you for the link to the PDF. However, as much as I'd like this player, if it can't accept input from non-dvd sources, I don't think I can go through with a purchase. I have a very large laser disc collection that is not going away any time soon, so I need something for that. If there's a cheap but excellent solution for LD, I will reconsider, but I'm not aware of any. Too bad.

P.S. After looking through the list of qualified projectors, I find the one I'm likely to get (JVC SX21) is not on it, so it's probably all for the better right now.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Alan: For you (if you change your mind that is)or anyone else-the list of projectors only scratches the surface of those that are compatable with this player. If someone should have a specific projector-let me know and I would be happy to call PSI directly to inquire about your projector.

Thanks
Ron

PS: Steve-let me do the research on that model-thanks, buying from you is no different than buying from a top of the line retailer.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
New lower price. If no sale by Monday. I'll go to ebay. Last price change is $1,150 + $40 shipping.

Ron

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I wonder when these guys will get their web site up and running - I'm dying to get in but can't. Not a good business practice.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Ron: Site works now. Still thinking. I sent an e-mail asking if modifications exists to make it work with my coming JVC SX21. Depending on that answer, I may think a little harder.

P.S. They're from Wisconsin! I don't know exactly where Weston, WI is though. Probably on the Lake Michigan side.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Alan: If you end up calling-ask for Eric Lang. He is the head of the company and a great guy to deal with. If I can help, let me know...

Thanks
Ron

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Off to audiogon.com for auction. Thanks for everyone's interest. Let me know if you have any questions

Ron Boster

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks