What's new

Pcu On Dvd? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
None, as far as I know. It's a shame. I like it better than Animal House *ducks to avoid rotten produce being thrown*

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
PCU is one of the few movies I really want to own that's still not out on DVD(the others being the obvious Star Wars and Indiana Jones). With any luck it'll come soon.
"You threw 50lbs of meat on a peaceful vegan protest"
"Oh come on that was way more than 50lbs"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was on the schedual at one point, but got yanked for some reason that probably has to do with rights

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I think one appreciates this movie if you've lived in Connecticut ever, especially if you've attended UConn in Storrs as I do. The line where George Clinton asks the Favreau character about getting to Hartford is key. UConn is like 15 minutes from the highway and another 25 or 30 to Hartford from there, just as Port Chester University was. Also, the whole 8pm liqour store closing has given me a few close calls in my time :D

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I really wish that the current owners would put PCU onto DVD. I used to watch this movie all the time on Comedy Central several years ago. IMO, funny movie starring Jeremy Piven & David Spade.

But I will only purchase PCU on DVD if it is released on DVD in OAR.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
How can PCU not be on DVD?! This is more than just a movie. This is about America. It's about democracy, the Bill of Rights, basic cable, call waiting, and free trips to the salad bar! It's about everything that makes our country great!

Seriously though, I did ask about this DVD in the Fox chat a few months ago and it's not on their slate at the moment. I guess I'll be sticking with my LD for now.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ah, good ol' PCU. Fox sure has dropped the ball on this one. I've asked and asked about its release date in the Studio section here and received no replies. I can only guess that some people here have run off Mr. Staddon.

There was a Fox chat where PCU was said to be scheduled for release in the summer of 2001; now, almost 2 years later there's still no word of it coming out. If someone could come up with definite details of why it hasn't come out, that'd really be appreciated.

DarrenH

Agent
I totally agree, this movie needs to come out on DVD. VHS can not do justice to that cool frisbee that's all like crazy spinning around, like, I mean, uh, I'm getting dizzy.... :D

Speaking of Jeremy Piven... I also hope that the short-lived "Cupid" series gets released on DVD. I'm sure it's a long way off (if at all), but I'd really like to see those episodes again!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'd buy "Cupid" in a heartbeat. And while we're on the subject of short-lived-but-endearing shows, how about Early Edition or Mysterious Ways?

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, Port Chester was modelled after Wesleyan, not UConn. The writers graduated from there in 1990. I grew up in Meriden and remember when the movie came out my local paper had an interview with one of them (I forget which one). They wrote the movie based on how PC Wesleyan had become.

I can definitely appreciate the packie's closing at 8 though.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Greg,
I knew it wasn't based on UConn but I just found it interesting that many of the parts of the movie applied to UConn as well. I especially got that feeling one day as I had to literally shove my way through a anti-war protest that was blocking the main entrance to the library.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
This movie shows how you can never have "just one" bong hit :D
And the dog's name is blotter hahahahaha

I love this flick. Of all the movies not yet released on DVD, this is 3rd on my want list (behind Indy Trilogy and Schindler's List).

PLEASE RELEASE THIS MOVIE!!!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I just want to know why they placed Port Chester in Connecticut, when P.C. is in New York. Right over the border but in New York

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks