What's new

pci VS cs+ for 90% Music 10% HomeTheater (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
i've read that the plus line is a totally different 'animal' than the normal SVS line. My question is would the difference warrant the purchase of a plus line sub for my purposes? 90% music and 10% hometheater in a 15x12x10 room. I'm considering getting the 20-39 size from whichever line that would best fit my needs.

Arron H

Second Unit
SVS are great subs but for a 90% musical system you should also consider an Adire Rava. $399 for the Rava is a steal and it will serve your 90/10 split very well. What kind of speakers do you have?

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
SVS emphasizes the headroom advantage of the plus line. And since you're talking about two subs that are tuned to the same frequency I'm thinking there won't really be a noticeable difference in the quality of sound until you reach the headroom limits of the PCi.

For most music the headroom advantage of the plus will be less apparent since it occurs mostly in the very deep bass region. And in a

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
I am a new 20-39PCi owner and I am tweaking to get the best out of the sub. Regardless of having the perfect setup yet, I am duly impressed with the sub and will offer an experienced accolade (most likely) after a few weeks.

Your room is smaller than mine - the 20-39 is very much enough for my room and is well priced at the moment. One probably has a seious lack of regard for health if they try to bottom this baby out in your size room (although the dreaded room shape may make my opinion worthless in your situation).

Music is my best surprise at the moment, but this unit will thump you in the chest on HT as well. So far the sub is clear, clean and crisp. It keeps up in music with some very dynamic speakers.

2 cents...

Salvador

Second Unit
My system consists of a denon 3802, a pair of paradigm studio 20's and everything is connected to my PC via audigy platinum (optical connection).

SVS emphasizes the headroom advantage of the plus line. And since you're talking about two subs that are tuned to the same frequency I'm thinking there won't really be a noticeable difference in the quality of sound until you reach the headroom limits of the PCi
That's exactly what's been going on in my head. For such a small room like mine, the need for a + line sub might be close to overkill. Would the added db's of headroom warrant an extra $250-350? For some yes but it's growingly apparent that for me that's not the case.

Hmmm, i'm getting ready to pull the trigger guys. Help me make the right decision.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I have a dual 20-39cs+/Samson combo in a 1300 cu ft room and love it! I can feel the entire floor move. If I were you I would go for the 20-39cs+/samson combo and that way if you move to a bigger room you will be able to add another sub at a reasonable price. The cs+ has the advantage of being able to plug a port therefore changing the tuning frequency as well. GO CS+!!!!:D to get the
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
bass!

Salvador

Second Unit
a dual setup would be awesome but u unforunately don't have the funds to purchase a dual setup. A thought about getting a CS sub. But i think that by the time i deem it necessary to upgrade my SVS sub, i'll be looking at bigger, badder subs that will significantly outperform whatever SVS sub i'll get. Or maybe SVS will come out with something new that requires a more powerful amp. Bottom line is, i think one will be enough for my 1800cu-ft room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks