PC viewin question about Sony 46" XBR3

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
I do not know if this is the right place for this but...

I have a question. My wife has an XPS laptop with a DVI port on it. Can I use a DVI-HDMI converter and hook her up to the 46" XBR3? If so, what do I need to do and is there any risk of messing up the set?

Thanks,

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
You can run a DVI to HDMI adapter cable to make this connection as long as the laptop's DVI output supports HDCP (not all of them do). Alternatively, just use a DVI to VGA adapter (assuming the laptop doesn't have a separate VGA output) and connect it that way, as the Sony does have a separate VGA input.

During a demo, I hooked up a customer's tablet PC directly to the KDLV46XBR3 using VGA and it worked beautifully at the native 1920x1080 resolution (yes, it makes a WICKED good computer monitor!). Don't underestimate analog RGB video - it works without a hitch and still looks outstanding.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
You can run a DVI to HDMI adapter cable to make this connection as long as the laptop's DVI output supports HDCP (not all of them do). Alternatively, just use a DVI to VGA adapter (assuming the laptop doesn't have a separate VGA output) and connect it that way, as the Sony does have a separate VGA input.

During a demo, I hooked up a customer's tablet PC directly to the KDLV46XBR3 using VGA and it worked beautifully at the native 1920x1080 resolution (yes, it makes a WICKED good computer monitor!). Don't underestimate analog RGB video - it works without a hitch and still looks outstanding.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo