What's new

PC viewin question about Sony 46" XBR3 (1 Viewer)

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
I do not know if this is the right place for this but...

I have a question. My wife has an XPS laptop with a DVI port on it. Can I use a DVI-HDMI converter and hook her up to the 46" XBR3? If so, what do I need to do and is there any risk of messing up the set?

Thanks,

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
You can run a DVI to HDMI adapter cable to make this connection as long as the laptop's DVI output supports HDCP (not all of them do). Alternatively, just use a DVI to VGA adapter (assuming the laptop doesn't have a separate VGA output) and connect it that way, as the Sony does have a separate VGA input.

During a demo, I hooked up a customer's tablet PC directly to the KDLV46XBR3 using VGA and it worked beautifully at the native 1920x1080 resolution (yes, it makes a WICKED good computer monitor!). Don't underestimate analog RGB video - it works without a hitch and still looks outstanding.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
You can run a DVI to HDMI adapter cable to make this connection as long as the laptop's DVI output supports HDCP (not all of them do). Alternatively, just use a DVI to VGA adapter (assuming the laptop doesn't have a separate VGA output) and connect it that way, as the Sony does have a separate VGA input.

During a demo, I hooked up a customer's tablet PC directly to the KDLV46XBR3 using VGA and it worked beautifully at the native 1920x1080 resolution (yes, it makes a WICKED good computer monitor!). Don't underestimate analog RGB video - it works without a hitch and still looks outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks