What's new

PC/Video Game Roundup to start next week. (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Hello all,
I'm a relative HTF newbie, but after coming here and looking at the Weekly Movie pricing roundup, I've decided to give a PC and Video Game Roundup a whirl.
I'll be starting it next week.
Here's what I have access to in my local Market.
Best Buy
Circuit City
Target
Kmart
Shopko
Comp USA
Toys R Us
Hopefully you'll all be interested in seeing this thread each week. I was planning on starting it last week, but had to be out of town for a wedding. I should be home each weekend for the next few months though. :)
Let me know if you have any thoughts or other ideas.
Thanks,
Glen

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This is a welcome addition especially considering the number of quality titles coming out between now and New Years.

Chris S.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Well, I hope I can do it justice.

I may need help getting the info from Costco and places such as that, but I think it will be a good thing as well.

I used to actually be a shopper for a living at one point in my past and the bug has never gone away.

Thanks for the support.

Glen

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I must disagree with my fellow members on this one. I think this is a horrible idea. Bad enough that David Lambert costs me fifty to a hundred bucks a week....now I've got this to deal with. Like I need help spending money...

Seriously, looking forward to the roundup! Thanks in advance for the effort.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
My only concern about this is how fixed the prices are for nearly all video games (Xbox, Ninendo, PS2, etc.) WallyWorld will save you like three cents off the price of a new game, which is the exact same price everywhere else, including most on-line stores. So I guess I don't see how anyone will find any deal. Yeah, there are those exceptions (notably, Target having some new releases at $5 off, but that's about it.)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
The way that I look at it, there are almost always items that open at 5 to 10 dollars off of the suggested retail price in their opening week or so.

Also, when you can find a title like NFL Fever 2003 for $29 bucks just a few months after release it's a good thing as well.

The other thing that I'm planning on doing is heading to local stores from time to time during the week just to check and see if there are any unadvertised price drops of note as well.

I hope it all works out.

Glen

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I must disagree with my fellow members on this one. I think this is a horrible idea. Bad enough that David Lambert costs me fifty to a hundred bucks a week....now I've got this to deal with. Like I need help spending money...
Whooo! I felt my ears burning!! :laugh:
FWIW, before posting this here, Glen wrote and asked me if he had my "permission". Nah, not really (as if he needed it!). He just asked me if I thought it was a good idea.
My reaction was "hell yeah, go for it". As far as I'm concerned, he's free to post it in my thread or as a separate thread; it doesn't bother me which. Possibly a good idea to put in with mine, for "one stop shopping" as I told him. Now that I rethink that, it might be better to keep it separate so that everyone knows right what to go look for, and its less confusing.
What do y'all think? Either way doesn't bother me...at all.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I think it's a good idea, but the problem is with PC Games/Software, they don't go onsale for week one, only on following weeks.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Excellent, thanks Glenn! I'm looking forward to it!
In addition to the prices on new releases, I think it'd be great if you could also include information on any sales or bundles going on for older stuff. But this information is often included in the sales flyers anyway, so I doubt it'd be too much extra trouble. Personally, I rarely buy games on release date, and lookout for the sales. I've got too much of a game backlog to justify paying full price for a game. Of course, there are always exceptions :)

MatS

Screenwriter
one highly anticipated game for PS2 is coming out at a very nice price (under $40) next week

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
one highly anticipated game for PS2 is coming out at a very nice price (under $40) next week
Grand! $39.99 is like Theft. I'll have to drive my Automobile to whatever store that is. Video games are a big Vice of mine; I'm probably one of the biggest gamers in my City. I'd Best Buy it before the price goes back up. . .
(Too subtle?) :D

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I picked up the Robotech(PS2) game on release day for 36.99 at Circuit City. So somtimes they have sale on new games.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
One recommendation Glen: Don't drop PCs from it. Stick with PCs! There's so few threads about PC gaming around here, I need something to hold onto..

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm not planning on dropping anything from my list at this point. At this point, I'm not planning on just covering new games. I'm hoping to cover games that are a few months old that are seeing drops as well. Warcraft 3 comes to mind. :)
Here's hoping that it all goes well.
Glen

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I think this is a great idea. I was just thinking about it this weekend, that it would be nice if somebody did this. Maybe David can give you a format template so that it looks the same as what everybody is used to!

Chad

John Chow

Second Unit
Fyi for those who don't know about it yet,
Link Removed is pretty good, and as far as I've been able to tell they're pretty accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks