What's new

PC Ultra v. ACI Force (1 Viewer)

I have tentatively narrowed down my sub choices to the two listed in the title of the thread. My room is small ( 17 x 13) and my ratio of music and movies is about equal. I listen at anywhere from 5 to 10 db below reference for movies and lower for music. I am interested in other people's opinions on these choices. I know I will need to listen to both and will do so. I have heard from a number of sources that sealed subs are better for music than ported systems, but a lot of users of SVS also listen extensively to music with apparent good results. Any insights are appreciated.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The SVS will definitely be a deeper, more powerful Sub... The Force is a better looking piece of furniture.

With the size of room, and your listening preferences, the Force will also likely be powerful enough for you.

Which one looks like it will be more "decor friendly" ?

Dr. Anthony Rosalia

Stunt Coordinator
I would go with the SVS personally, its just becuase they are the best value for the money and will play lower and louder than anything I have heard personally.

I appreciate the input. My title to this thread erroneously listed the Force when I meant to list the Titan:b . The SVS is rather unwieldy looking but I can live with it. However, I have concerns regarding how the sub will blend with my Martin Logan main speakers on music material. I have been told that ported subs do not blend well with acoustic suspension main speakers. I do not know if that is true, but it often seems that subs that do well with music do not have the extension and volume capability to do justice to action movies, and vice versa. Like everyone I want it all. I know that theTitan can blend well with high-end speakers like my Logans but I have heard fewer instances where the SVS is paired with a Logan, Thiel, B&W etc. I can try both but am hoping based on input here to try the one that others have found will give me great music integration and bass for action films. Input appreciated.:)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I WAS wondering why the Force was mentioned when the Titan is much closer in price... Sometime in the next week, I should have a Maestro shipped to do a comparison to an SVS B4+ ... not exactly apples to apples, but it may give you SOME help...

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

Don't forget the SVS is an engineered product from the standpoint of a combination of power, depth, and performance and the only thing they couldn't deliver on is the small size. I would agree with your statement of a poorly designed ported sub but to put it in perspective the SVS base of the PCi or CSi (entry models) are comparible to the HSU TN series and there are many posts of how well those integrate and how clean they sound. The Ultra is two models up and should easily blend with your system though what might be introduced regardless of the sub you choose might be what items in your room that will vibrate to the freqs that will play at a level that will make them resonate.

Both subs are excellent choice in my opinion.

I am leaning towards the SVS given the great reviews on the Ultra and the company's reputation for great support. While I play about the same amount of music as movies, I am more critical re the sound with music. OTOH, I have had problems with some subs claiming sub 30 hz extension that do not perform that way in the real world which takes away impact from action films. I hope to decide within the next week.:)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Mike D. and ACI are every bit as known as SVS for customer service. For those that don't know ACI is possibly the original consumer direct audio company. They've been doing that way for around 25 years. Checkout the ACI circle at Audio Circle. ACI's products are outstanding too.

I am well aware of the reputation of ACI. They are both great companies. I guess I will have to decide which sub is better in my circumstances. Do want to hear (feel?) that bass extension in LOTR:emoji_thumbsup: The sub that can do that and make my music sound full range will get my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks