What's new

PC to TV problems for DVD playback. (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I have all my stuff set up for my HTPC.
I hooked up the PC with an S-Video for right now and have the sound runnning through a fiber optic. I grabbed a couple DVD's off my shelf to test out the setup and had it working. I played Fever Pitch no problems on my PC and then hit my hot key set up and switched it over to TV and it worked perfect.
I have a new hard drive just for DVD's. I loaded up a few DVD's on that hard drive and still have the one on my old hard drive but neither one will show up on my TV now.
I have tried everything and all I get is a black powerDVD screen. The PC wont even switch over from PC to TV when powerDVD is running a DVD. I can play video files on it fine but a DVD will not show up on my TV now.
What am I missing here?

rob-h

Second Unit
Are you cloneing or switching? If you are using overlay and cloneing, video will only show up on the main display. Switchign to VMR will display the video but will take more processing power. If you are switching to the TV completely with the hotkey, it should not be a problem.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I tried both. I switched first and it worked. I cloned and it did not. Now Im not sure what ive changed but when I switch it will not work. What setting should I have for my Nvidia card for switching?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
awww shux thanks.:b

One last question, does the sound come across as actual Dolby Digital 5.1? I played Robots last night in DTS and my reciever did not recognize it. Do I have to set the output to Digital?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks