pc to reciever

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by jacobHin, Apr 15, 2005.

1. jacobHin

jacobHin Auditioning

hi guys, in not sure if this is the right area but i didnt know where to post... my problem is this, i have a hewlett packard pc, model number a832n, which has digital audio output on the back of the tower, im tryin to hook this through digital coaxial cable to my reciever model denon avr884... i used to have this setup and worked fine, now when i try i get nothing, pc speakers work but nothing from the reciever... is there any way to change from analog to digital on my reciever... i dont think its anything on my pc, i contacted hp and the tech walked me through everyhting that he could think of, didnt change anything, but i notice when i switch to the channel that i have my coaxial set up to, which is the cdr option, it doesnt change from analog to digital. is it possible to reset the reciever anyway back to factory settings. dont know if somehow it got changed or anything... but also tried hooking my toshiba dvd player through the coaxial input on my reciever and it didnt work, through the digital optical cable it works fine.... any ideas guys... thanx alot in advance

2. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Are you sure that that that the coaxial jack is assigned to the CD-R/Tape? By default, the coaxial jack is assigned to CD; the optical-3 jack to CD-R/Tape. You may need to consult the "Digital In Assignment Menu" in System Setup.

Denon 684 and 1804 manual

3. jacobHin

jacobHin Auditioning

yea i have made sure the coaxial is corresponding to the soucre that i have it set on, im sure its a setting on either my computer or my reciever but i cant figure it out, but then again i dont see why i couldnt get audio out of my dvd player when hooked through the coaxial but works fine through the optical plug. any other ideas? should i try to get a digital coaxial to digital optical converter and go that way? i had it running through a cheap 75ohm cable before, now i have a higher quality gold plated cord and that made no difference still no output... is it possible that the coaxial jack has went bad??? any way of testing this. or is there anyway to just completly reset the reciever back to factory new contition and try to start all over? thanx for the input so far.[​IMG]