PC to Receiver Connection

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by James::Mc, Sep 16, 2003.

1. James::Mc

James::Mc Extra

What is the best way to hook up a computer to a receiver to play MP3 files? Can you get good sound quality with a setup like this? What type of input is best - digital, optical, etc.

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

This has come up a number of times. You may want to search the Computers section.

3. Guest

Greetings,
    A few things first, Through trial and error,being the guinea pig and thousands of dollars, a long road of sorrows, I have become at this time one of the leading audio experts in the field for PC to Receiver Knowledge. In short, using a fiber optic connection will get you can get great sound, but NOT High Definition sound. As we know HD sound cannot transfer through anything at this time except HDMI. Using a PC for sound you simplify your entertainment center by ditching the CD Player, the DVD Player and the FM Receiver or Satellite Receiver and just using your PC. On the other hand for use of the PC Media Player for files like MP3 or MP4 or Blue Ray Video (only) there is no competition. The PC Leaves every competition in the dust and out performs any product hands down.
    I Have recently had the pleasure of Beta Testing the Worlds first High Definition Audio Sound card that can pass DD TRUE HD, DTS MASTER AUDIO to my Pioneer Receiver, (most HD Recievers will do just fine). Care to see the product in action, here is the youtube video link where you can meet me personaly. Here is the link and be sure to watch video 2 and 3 in more info. Be sure to reply and tell me what you think.