What's new

PC+ Subsonic Filter (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
It attenuates frequencies below what it is set at (from the pic options appear to be 12, 15/16 can't tell, 20 and 25 hertz) at a set rate. What the slope of the rate is I don't know, but I'd guess it's second order (12dB/octave).

Below the tuning frequency output of bass reflex subs drops quickly and cone excursion goes up really fast. With a subsonic filter in place attenuating the frequencies below the tuning point the chances of bottoming the driver are reduced. Attenuating the really low stuff (can't hear just feel) will also help out with distortion I think.

So it's a universal part for the PC+ series. Have a 25-31 set it at 25hz. Plug a port on the 25-31 and set it to 20hz. 20-39, 20hz or 16hz with a port plugged. 16-46, 15/16hz or 12hz with a port plugged.

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I also looked it up in the PC+ manual (I didn't know it was on the SVS site at the time I wrote my inquiry) and you are absolutely right!
With that feature along with the more powerful amp, I have no choice but to order the PC+!!!
I now have to get approval from wife who also wants new family room furniture.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a given fact that a new sub is always more desirable than new furniture?:D GOOD LUCK!

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
To me... it is! As long as I have my leather recliner, a place to put my beverage, food, remotes, etc. who needs furniture... except for the fact that it absorbs some of the sound!
I am like sooooo hyped about ordering this sub. I've been obsessed with this forum, reading it every time I get on the computer. Reading everything anybody has to say about a SVS! I want that sub! I want that sub! :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks