What's new

PC Speakers Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I'm getting more serious into music on my computer and playing some of the newest games and I have been using my headphones for most of my listening but I'm ready to get some good quality speakers for my computer. I can go digital (optical) or analog. I'm probably looking for a 2.1 or 3.1 setup. I need help picking on for around $100-$200. I want very good quality as I have excellent speakers in my home theater set up.

If you need the PC info:

Windows 2000 on an AMD Barton XP2500, Abit NF7S, 1Gig Corsair, WD120G SE, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

JamesED

Second Unit
I think the Klipsch Promedia line is very impressive. The Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 500 watt is around $350. They also have a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set, that will fit your desk and budget great for around $150.

Klipsch also has had amazing support for their speakers. There originally was a problem, where a transistor in the 5.1's sub would blow. Not only have they fixed it, but they expanded all warranties to 2 years, paid for the shipping lablel, and have honored systems that were sold at unauthorized dealers. My friend's wasn't from an authorized dealer, and he had his replaced with no problem. I've also seen the same situations resolved immediately on their forums. I'm very impressed by their support, and open acknowledgement of the defect and their eagerness to resolve problems.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Logitech makes some excellont computer speakers.

Also with your price range you should consider an inexpensive hone theater in a box setup.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I bought a HT subwoofer since I did not like ANY of the subs that came in the computer speaker packages. Great for music and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks