What's new

PC Problem (beeps) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
OK, I built my new PC Friday night and pretty much everything seems to be running smoothly except for one problem. My PC beeps when playing games. It does it when I'm playing games and when I run 3DMark.

I had originally thought it was a voltage issue somewhere, but I set the BIOS to "Ignore" in the voltage monitoring menu and I still get the beeps. Someone on Anandtech thought it might be the keyboard if I was hitting more than 3 buttons at once during games, but this can't be it since it beeps during 3DMark when I'm not even touching the keyboard.

Any ideas?

The vitals:

P4 2.53 GHz
ASUS P4S8X Mobo
512 MB Corsair PC2700 DDR RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro set to AGP 8X (overclocked)
Win XP Pro

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but I can't help with the problem. I just have to say it sounds like a kickass system you've got.
What's the 9700 like?
What score did you get in 3Dmark2001.
Can you get me a job:):) I'd love to be able to get a system like that.
Brent
What kind of soundcard?

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
So far the 9700 is great...but then anything new seems great compared to my old PIII 500 w/ GeForce 256. I'm just using an Audigy Gamer sound card. I also have the Yamaha CRWF1 CDRW (44x24x44), but haven't tried to burn any images onto CDRs yet.

I'm getting just under 15K on 3DMark.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Are these system beeps or Windows beeps?
They are system beeps. As for e-mailing ASUS, that seems to be my only option at the moment since no one seems to give a definite answer. Most people seem to think it is being caused by a drop in the +3.3v. That was my initial thought too, but I'm still confused why I would still be getting the beeps after disabling the voltage monitoring in the BIOS.
I may just buy a new Enermax PSU and hope that fixes the problem.
I've also posted a Link Removed of my new system :) Yes, the wiring is quite cluttered at the moment, but I was in a hurry to make sure all the hardware worked, plus I have been messing with the wiring because of the beeps. I'll tidy it up later (likely when/if I buy a new PSU).

DougKrockeTT

Auditioning
perhaps an issue with cpu overheating? i'd check the cpu temp to see if it has reached the threshold temp where warning beeps are sounded.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Well, my problems are solved. It was the power supply. I just installed an Enermax 550 Watt (650 peak) power supply and the beeps went away. The other power supply was off on the +3.3 voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks