What's new

pc & pc speakers emitting high pitch whine (1 Viewer)

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
hey all, i was hoping someone might help me with an annoying little problem i've been having with my computer.

i've gone to great lengths to silence the loud components of my pc (psu fan, case fans, cpu fan and gpu fan). while this attempt has been quite successful, it has exposed other noises my pc has been making that had been previously drowned out. notably, my speakers emit feedback/whine when the volume is turned up not even half-way. this same problem is even more noticeable when i plug a decent pair of headphones, via a small amp, into my sound card.

in addition to this the computer itself is making a very high pitch sound as well. the strange thing is that while using the scroll button on my old logitech wireless mouse to scroll through webpages, the sound would drop out with every other scroll click. anyway, i've attempted to unplug and turn-off everything plugged into my pc in hopes of finding something...but with no luck.

my pc is located in the corner of my room and isn't close to any other source beyond the components of my pc, which i'll list below.

surely i'm missing something fairly obvious, but right now i'm clueless.

pc specs:

A7V8X Deluxe
AMD 2700+
2 X 512mb PC2700 Corsair XMS
ATI AIW 9700
WD 80gb SE
Lite-On 52 52x24x52 CDRW
Toshiba 8x DVD
Audigy Gamer Soundcard
Lian-Li PC-12
Logitech MX700
Eluminx keyboard
Creative Soundworks DTT2200 5.1
Dell 2100FP monitor

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Im not sure but it could be a ground loop problem. However ground loop tone is usualy not high pitched. Is your computer grounded? Using all 3 prongs not just one of those 3 to 2 prong converters? Are your speakers plugged into the same stip as the computer itself?

If your sure your getting a good ground and the speekers are plugged into the same outlet strip as your computer this probably ins't your problem but i thought i would mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks