PC-MAC Network?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*paulJ, Jul 24, 2002.

1. John*paulJ

John*paulJ Extra

I have been trying for some time now to get a mac g3 to work on my network at work..I have tried PCMAc LAN...and it worked at first but to no avail...after a week the PC stoped
    being able to see the mac....Any thoughts would be VERY! Helpfull...I think this is the most Frustrating Problem I have ever come accross!!!! BTW I'm running windows 2000 with 5 computers through a belkin 8 port Switch.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

What are you trying to accomplish? File sharing? If so, use DAVE. Otherwise, how is your network laid out? I've got both PCs and Macs on my network. I run my cable modem into a Netgear router, and then have configured the router to hand out DHCP addresses. Configure all of the computers for TCP/IP with DHCP, and I'm all set.

If you're using the Windows Internet Sharing stuff, sorry, that's Windows only. It won't work with your mac.

3. Andrew_Cramlet

Well, I'm not an expert in this matter at all, but since no one else has stepped up, I'll try.
    There is a way to do it using OS X and Windows .
    You could also use software such as DAVE .
    Jaguar is supposed to make this type of thing really easy, so let's keep our fingers crossed. I used a shareware version of DAVE for like 30 days and it worked great here at my home where I have 2 PC's and my G4 PowerMac.
    You may want to reference Apple's support section for more help.
    [edit] I guess I'm the second person to step up...

4. John*paulJ

John*paulJ Extra

Thanks for the info!!! yea just soley for file sharing

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer