PC games on your 2002 buy list

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

Jul 31, 1997
    2001 had some good titles that I spent quite a few hours on (Clive Barker's Undying, Baldur's Gate II expansion, Diablo II expansion, Zoo Tycoon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Icewind Dale Expansion, Civ III, and a couple of others).

2002 has some very promising titles in the queue. Here are some of the ones I am interested in:

Age of Mythology (the next from the makers of AoE)

Disciples II

Doom 3 (actually I expect this to be a 2003 release, but you never know)

Duke Nukem Forever 3D (although this is becoming another vapor ware classic I am still looking forward to it)

Dungeon Siege (the next Diablo killer, this title has been sounding very promising)

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (sequel to Daggerfall this epic RPG sounds promising)

Heroes of Might and Magic IV (I have enjoyed the other three versions, so I am eagerly awaiting the 4th incarnation)

Master of Orion III (I spent many hours on I and II playing this epic 4X strategy game. This is at the top of my wish list)

Neverwinter Nights (I have greatly enjoyed Bioware's other D&D offerings and have high hopes for this one too)

Quake IV (another title that is more probably in 2003)

Star Wars: Galaxies (one of several big Star Wars titles due in 2002)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (see above)

Thief III

Unreal II

Warcraft III (I have been eagerly watching the previews on this and am looking forward to the next Blizzard offering)

Warlords IV (another classic strategy game returning in its fourth incarnation)

Warlords Battlecry II (looking forward to the changes in this interesting sounding RTS game)

What's on your list?

2. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Mar 14, 1999
    Are Soldier of Fortune 2 and Star Wars: Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast due out next year? Hmm. I can't think of anything else that isn't on your list.
  3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Sep 2, 1999
    Yes those titles are due next year. You guys got all of my wants listed!!! The only other thing that I am adding is the Dark Age of Camelot expansion pack due next year (I am hopelessly addicted to this game[​IMG]).
    PS....just thought of one other major addition DOOM 3!!!!
  4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Jan 5, 2000