What's new

PC and Videogame Wrapup for 8/24 to 8/30 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Wasn't at EB, either. Or CompUSA, or K-Mart, or Wal-Mart, or Costco, or Best Buy. I didn't make it out to a Gamestop-controlled store to see if they had it (I used to be a manager for them, though...back in my day, a videogame streetdate was as solid as a DVD streetdate is today, maybe moreso).

Well, what I get out of this is the idea that Friday will probably see copies at CC, and they have the best deal, and I was told a raincheck would be offered Friday if it wasn't there. So, okay. CC on Friday.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up Fever today. Way better than I thought it was going to be. The new passing mode is really great! I would suggest this game to anyone looking for a good football game, and anyone sick of the crap EA has been pulling on the xbox latley.

BTW...I am also getting ESPN it also looks great!!You guys should check both out...now only if I had some money for Otogi :)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
FFX is now offically a greatest hits, at least at Wal-Mart $19.82. Also Wal-Mart has a new XBOX bundle includes Splinter Cell, and Mechassualt for the amazing price of $179.96 nobody without an XBOX now doesn't have any excuses not to get one.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Whenever I can't find a new game at Best Buy, GameStop, EB or places like that, I almost always am able to find it at Toys R Us. Come to think of it, TRU almost always has what I'm looking for when everyone else is sold old; they recently had 40 some copies of Harry Potter on the morning of it's release, where as the Borders next door was sold out, and wasn't getting any in for two weeks.

TRUs prices are about the same as everyone elses.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Chris,

I heard about that bundle for the Xbox. That is a very, very good deal. I just haven't heard Microsoft announce it yet.

Glen

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I checked CC's ad and saw that it said the deal would be available today, 8/29. I returned today and asked the lady (who knows me DVD-wise) about it arriving. She asked another guy, who said he didn't think it was in. She asked him to check in the back. He went in and came right back out and said it wasn't there. I picked up a DVD (April Fool's Day for $10.99) and asked her to sell me that and give me a rain check for the SC2 deal. She sent me to the customer service counter. I was next in line behind a guy who was being helped sloooowly by the lady running the counter, so I stared hard at the supervisor-type guy in a tie behind the counter, until he asked me if I needed help.

I showed the ad and asked for a raincheck. He said that they didn't have rainchecks for a package deal like that, but he would write out on his business card a note that he would honor the deal when he had copies in. He said that he wanted to write the UPC code on it, and called someone over to go fetch the code from their salesperson book with all the product listings. Turned out to be the same guy who had "looked" before.

Long story short, the manager walked off with that guy, came back soon after and said that it appeared they had 16 copies in the back room, and that the guy would go look for them. Low and behold he soon came out with a sealed box that he opened up in front of me, and pulled out a SC2-GC for me. He then had to go off somewhere different and get the t-shirt, while the slow girl (who was now free) started to ring me up.

She offered to issue the $10 gift card to me, then turn around and redeem it on a separate sale on April Fools Day...would I like that? Of course, since I'll spend it sooner or later.

I soon walked out with the game, the t-shirt, and a 99¢ DVD! :D

:Sigh: Lazy employees...

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just ended up getting Best Buy to price match the CC offer. I didn't get the Free shirt, but I got the $10 gift cert. I'll probably use that on NFL 2004 next week...

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks