What's new

PC and Videogame Roundup 11/3 to 11/9 (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor

Welcome, my friends, to the show that never ends.
Well, no need to wait, let's jump right into it.
GLEN'S HTF GAME OF THE WEEK

We have a pretty light week as far as new releases is concerned so I've chosen Ratchet and Clank, the PS2's newest platformer, as the game of the week. Seeing as how well Insomniac did with their first platformer, Spyro the Dragon, I think we could see a pretty good game here.
Here's the releases of note this week.
Defender (Gamecube, Xbox)
Fatal Frame (Xbox)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly(PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance(Xbox)
Fifa Soccer 2003(PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PC)
Ratchet and Clank(PS2)
Contra Advance(GBA)
Star Trek Starfleet Command III(PC)
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries(PC)
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS2)
Medal of Honor: Frontline(Xbox, Gamecube)
Here we go again... :)

Game (Platform)__________ _ Best Buy __ Circuit City __ CompUSA __ Target __ Toys R' Us
007: Agent Under Fire (C) _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
007: Agent Under Fire (PS2) $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $29.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Age of Mythology (PC)____ _ $39.99 _______ $34.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Blade 2 (PS2)____________ _ $39.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Blade 2 (X)______________ _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Blinx (X) _______________ _ $49.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Blood Wake (X)___________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $19.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
BloodRayne (PS2)_________ _ $49.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Burnout 2 (PS2)__________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Civ 3 Play The World (PC) _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Conflict: Desert Strm (X) _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $39.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Godzilla: DAM (C)________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $49.99 ___
GTA: Vice City (PS2)_____ _ $49.99 _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $49.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Halo (X)_________________ _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $39.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Hitman 2 (PS2)___________ _ $39.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Iron Storm (PC)__________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $29.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Jet X2O (PS2) ___________ _ $39.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
LOTR: FOTR (A)___________ _ $24.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Mario Party (C)__________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $49.99 ___
Metal Gear Solid 2:I (X)_ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $49.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Nascar Thunder 2003 (PC)_ _ $39.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
NBA Live 2003 (X)________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
NBA2K3 (PS2,C)___________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PC)__ _ $_N/A_ _______ $29.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Onimusha 2 (PS2)_________ _ $39.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
PSO: Ep 1 & 2 (C)________ _ $49.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Rayman Arena (PS2)_______ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $19.99 ___
Scooby Doo (C)___________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $39.99 ___
Shaun Palmer (PS2)_______ _ $_9.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Shenmue 2 (X) ___________ _ $49.99 _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $49.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Smuggler's Run (C)_______ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $29.99 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Spiderman: The Game (A)__ _ $22.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Spiderman: The Game (PC)_ _ $_N/A_ _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $22.49 ___
Star Wars: Clone Wars (C) _ $49.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Street Hoops (PS2)_______ _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Stuntman (PS2)___________ _ $29.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Super Mario Advance 3 (A) _ $25.99 _______ $_N/A_ ______ $_N/A_ __ $25.88 ___ $_N/A_ ___
Timesplitters 2 (X)______ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Tony Hawk 4 (PS2)________ _ $49.99 _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Tony Hawk 4 (X)__________ _ $_N/A_ _______ $49.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___
Turok Evo (X,PS2,C)______ _ $_N/A_ _______ $29.99 ______ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ ___ $_N/A_ ___

1. Target is running a promotion where you get a $5 gift card with the purchase of GTA: Vice City.
2. Also at Target, you can purchase Spiderman: The Game for the Xbox for 19.99 with the purchase of an Xbox.
3. Again at Target, you can get Shrek: Hassle at the Castle for $9.99 with the purchase of a GBA: Advance
4. Circuit City is giving a free t-shirt with the purchase of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
5. At Best Buy, you get 30% off the Civ 3: Play the World Expansion if you buy Civ 3: Game of the Year edtion.
6. With the purchase of a PS2 at Best Buy you can choose from one of 5 DVD's (Mr. Deeds, The Sum of All Fears, Insomnia, Windtalkers, and Scooby Doo)
7. With the purchase of an Xbox at Best Buy, you get to choose between one of 5 music CD's (8-Mile Soundtrack, Irv Gotti, Shaggy, Santana, or the Foo Fighters)
Well, that's it for this week.
Good shopping all.
Glen W. Haag

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Since I have Civilization III Play the World to play this week, nothing will be needed to purchase. But as soon Metroid comes out, it going to be a LONG NIGHT. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good job; looks terrific! Now all I have to do is wait for a good price on Contra Advance...looks bitchin'! :D

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
Game & Watch Gallery 4 is 24.88 at Target and 24.99 at Media Play for anyone who's looking for it.

Brian E

Screenwriter
My BB told me you have to sign up for a Netflix account to get one of those cases. I already use Netflix so I'm out of luck.

Which mags have the coupon? I don't remember seeing one in OXM.

Nathan A

Second Unit
it does look really good, greg, and thanks for the work. nothing for me this week; if only they'd kept that nice price on Vice City (were sold out when i went last week!).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
BTW Best Buy is giving a $10 Digital Coupon if you preorder Unreal Championship

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
There is a 15% off any $19.99+ PC software title at Best Buy in December PC Gamer. No other limits so I am thinking you can get a good deal on Office or something else pricey. :)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just got an email from Gamestop.com letting me know that if I order Timesplitters 2(any platform) from them and enter this code I'll get $10 bucks off of it, making the price $39 before shipping.

SPLITME is the code.

Glen

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
One thing I find funny about this...you load the images using EBgames' server & bandwidth, yet you provide no data on the prices they sell the games for, nor any links to their site. This is something I think you should do if you plan to not host their images on your own server. My recommendation would be for any image you use, to have it link to the purchase page for that game at EB, with the price for the game underneath the picture ex..

$29.99 EBgames.com
*edit - I don't work for EB. I just feel this is the right thing to do if you decide to continue to directshow pictures from their servers.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Getting Metal Gear for XBOX here... :) Already pre-ordered MechAssault and Splinter Cell too. Man, combined with all the DVD's this month I may be divorced by December ;) Post looks great Glen.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I know what you mean Dave. Mid-November, talking about just games, I have to pick up: Metroid Prime 11/18; Mech Assault 11/13; Xbox Live 11/15; Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 11/19. I'll also need to pick up NFL Fever 2003 for some online football, $29.99 at GameStop.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
You mentioned "Medal of Honor: Frontline(Xbox, Gamecube)" but I do not see a price, am I whacky?:frowning:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
You mentioned "Medal of Honor: Frontline(Xbox, Gamecube)" but I do not see a price,....
I noticed that also, I'm glad I wasn't the only one, I thought I was losing my reading abilities.

I checked BB and found that it is currently listed at $49.99

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My BB told me you have to sign up for a Netflix account to get one of those cases. I already use Netflix so I'm out of luck.

Which mags have the coupon? I don't remember seeing one in OXM.
yuo do not have to sign up. when you check out they will scan the netflix box and take down your credit ard but just for info. you will get a code for when you go home. you have to use that code to sign up. that is when you will get your free 2 weeks and then be charged after that.
so if you dont use the code online and sign up you dont sign up.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Sorry about not listing the price for Medal of Honor.
The reason that I didn't post a price for it, is because I didn't see an advertised price for it.
I didn't post a price for Rachet and Clank as well, for the same reason. If people would like me to add prices for the new games from places like EB and/or Gamestop, I can do that as well. I usually start working on my post for the next week on Thursday or Friday night now anyway...
I guess I could link to EB as well, since I'm using their pictures, or else, I might just post the link for the game of the week and link that one. I was just trying to make the post look better. I'll continue to refine my work. :)
Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.