Pbs Hd

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jame pc, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Jame pc

Jame pc Agent

What's the deal with PBS having 7 of my 19 HD channels? Are there that many people interested in watching Public Affairs in HD?

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Are they all in HD? I only have one PBS channel in HD and the rest are digital multi-cast channels.

Some of 'em are nice... like the 24hr PBS-Kids channel.. in case I want to watch the Teletubbies at 3am. [​IMG]

3. John S

John S Producer

PBS is leading the way in HD adaptation, as far as the larger markets go anyways.

4. Jame pc

Jame pc Agent

Yup...all HD. Some of them are good but others are dedicated public affairs stuff [​IMG]

5. Michael Young

Michael Young Stunt Coordinator

nothing wrong with too much HD. I can't seem to get any PBS HD from my antenna, or my cable company. I miss it too, because one of the HD stations showed non stop scenery shots which really shows off the HD format well.

6. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

How are you getting these 19 High Definition PBS channels? Satellite? Cable? An antenna?

7. Jame pc

Jame pc Agent

Jeremy,
    I originally said PBS has 7 of the 19 HD channels, not all 19.

19 HD channels is what I get from Brighthouse Cable. More are available for a price.

8. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Ah yes. 7 PBS-HD channels. The local PBS station(s) must have a sweetheart deal with Brighthouse Cable, then. But it's very common for PBS stations to broadcast 4 or more SD streams by day and a HD/SD pair in the evenings.

Let's see-- Tucker Carlson, or some HD show about bubonic plague? I think the choice is obvious... "Bring out yer dead!"