What's new

PBS Documentary fans (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I am now on a PBS Documentary buying Binge. During the Pandemic, I increased my Presidential Documentary Collection by getting my hands on the Edition of "The Presidents" About President Eisenhower. Yesterday, I picked up Ken Burns America and Ken Burns American lives. In Addition, I got the American Experience: New York 8 part mini series. Next I will be going after Ken Burns : Baseball and Ken Burns Prohibition. I'll also be going after the ones about the 2 world wars. My late father was a History Teacher. He Rubbed off on me. I will probably stick to the SD DVD Versions for price sake ..They're awesome

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I have alot of them like Huey Long, Lewis & Clark, Horatio's Drive, The Roosevelts, Truman and the recent showing of Hemingway. With my dvd recorder i did record many of The American Experience & American Masters broadcasts to disc in the past 20 years.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I watch pbs documentaries frequently. Though I don't really buy them on dvd/bluray.

If a documentary is interesting enough that I want to know more, I'll read some of the books written by the historians featured in the documentary. Frequently there are a lot more details in the original books, which are not covered in the documentaries.

Also many of the books cost less than the dvd/bluray versions and have more re-read value for me. In contrast, the dvd/bluray versions frequently had almost no re-watch value for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbadave
Recent bookmarks