What's new

PB2 Ultra in Black Coming!! (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
>>>If you are either a first time buyer, or upgrading, I would say to justify a PB2-Ultra you would need to be in a large room, a detached home (if you are in a townhome or something with a PB2-Plus you are already one movie away from being evicted as it is), and a very discerning and critical listener, one that can take the time to use the PEQ feature of the Ultra too. Oh and one that doesn't have to rob the kids' college fund to make a purchase like this.
__________________________________________________ _____

Far be it from me to be able to add to your well written words Ron but what about the poor Bass heads that frequent this Forum?:D Would the Ultra be a good and just decision for them?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Steve,

It just depends on if you enjoy movies more, or that extra plasmsa you could just as easily sell at the clinic down town. ;^)

Life's short, live hard ... we say. Of course life will be hard AND short if you can't put food on the table.

Ron

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
>>>It just depends on if you enjoy movies more, or that extra plasmsa you could just as easily sell at the clinic down town. ;^)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thats excellent Kevin. What do you think about posting a Thread with a link to it? I think many would be interested.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Sorry, no Ultra options in the B4+ in development at this time."

Phew...man, what a relief! After all, I just got my "Black Beauty" B4-Plus twins (and am barely beginning to tap their sonic potential)...in addition to being sort of wondering if I should have gone for two BP2-Ultras (the one bass system am currently recommending to anyone interested in purchasing one...or two...or three subwoofers) instead!...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Frank- I'm down here in the Bay Area. *Some* day, it'd be neat to get up there and hear your system if you're so inclined. I can't imagine what a system would sound like with 2 of those monsters in it. And I'm having heartache over deciding to get just one of the Ultras! :)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

I looked at your "KevinVision 7.1" hotlink, and you've got a damn nice system with some pretty upscale components. I know you believe in matching the overall level of components, and I think the Ultra would be a very nice fit for your existing system and one hella upgrade in the sub department to boot.

Ed

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Ed- That's what I keep telling myself too! :) It's mostly the weight thing. But (now) I figure, shoot, 140 lbs for the Plus is so much more heavier than the 80 lb Vandersteen (a 1 person job vs 2 people basically), that 190 lbs for the Ultra really isn't *that* much more (and *still* a 2 person effort)... And then I also think that if I got the Plus, but then later wanted the Ultra, I'd be really mad at myself. So just go for the Ultra. ;)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank- I'm down here in the Bay Area. *Some* day, it'd be neat to get up there and hear your system if you're so inclined. I can't imagine what a system would sound like with 2 of those monsters in it. And I'm having heartache over deciding to get just one of the Ultras!"

Kevin,

You are most cordially invited to come on over one day (I hope isn't too far into the future) to check things out, but first I got a ton of work to do and finish before I can bring people over! :b
Perhaps by then I would have found a way to successfully integrate both the "Black Beauty" B4-Plus twins and 16-46 octet subbass systems too.

Now, with the sort of equipment you own (a Lexi MC-8 pre/pro for starters!) I would most definitely add a couple of PB2-Ultras (or at least one) if I was you.
With such an infrabass set up you'll never have to wonder about any body else's bass repro capabilities 'cus you too would become an SVS bassaholic!
But seriously...I do hope you consider upgrading your current bass system with SVS subs soon. Am sure you'll be quite glad you did...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks