What's new

PB2+ Tracking Numbers (1 Viewer)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
I was just wondering if anyone got any tracking numbers
for their SVS PB2+?.I wish i was one of u lucky son of a guns that are getting it:D . Can't wait to hear some reviews
of what this new sub will do!.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Gig,

No one does. We've got our first small batch of PB2-Plus production subs built but we hit a snag (long weekend slowdown by a vendor) on the final shipping box. This sub goes by our freight carrier (vice UPS) so the cusioning and pallet arrangement is a bit different for us. We're hoping the first ones go out TUE/WED now. We pushed hard to get them out yesterday but came up just a bit short.

The good news is that Tom's pounding on a full-up production unit in his own HT right now and reports that it works as good as it looks (or looks as good as it works... take your pick ;^) I know this added short delay must be painful to those on the list but we're sweating every detail on this launch to make sure the PB2-Plus lives up to its advanced billing.

Ron

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
Unbelievable, i got an answer to my post within 10 minutes
from no less than RON at SVS. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
You guys are THE BEST company i have ever done business with.
Oh, and i still love my 16-46cs+/samson combo. It's been a little over a year with it and i still get that sh!t eatin'
grin when i watch a movie or listen to music!!!!!!!!.:D
THANX RON FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE and on a saturday to boot!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
We won't be shipping anything for another couple days. Maybe Thursday, most likely the first will go out on Friday. We are waiting on the shipping container vendor now. They confirmed today we'll get the shipping cartons either Thursday or Friday(but they said probably Friday).

Tom V.
SVS

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
DOH!!! Does this mean that in the mean time you'll be able to work on building the subs for those of us that are a couple weeks behind the initial ship date and hopefully shorten the wait after the first ones leave your door?

Sorry, time for me to shut the heck up and let y'all get to work. Thanks for the update.

Alex

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Alex,

Yes, enclosures are still trickling in from Cincinnati and Tom's crew is assembling and testing them. It'll still be a week before we're moving major numbers. We probably should have known our boxing vendor (last in the line of a long ling of suppliers that have a hand in the PB2-Plus) would be dragging hind teat from a long weekend but there you go.

The upshot does mean that Friday (hopefully, but now officially a week later than we had shot for) more will be launching at one time.

When we DO start shipping you might want to drop us a line and we'll update you as to where you are in the list of folks waiting. This is always the difficult "tween" period where every supplier is finally getting up a head of steam and try as we may, it seems there is always one that manages to take longer than the rest.

Blame it on cardboard crates (albeit pretty sophisticated palletized ones) this week.

Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
OK Unsolicited update (on the off chance some of the pre-order folks are interested).

The good news first.

FRI is looking reasonably good for the first PB2s to go out. While behind what we hoped even a couple weeks ago, just knowing they are starting to ship might be of some comfort for those that have waited the longest.

In a break from tradition, the bad news second:

Enclosure production is going slower than we wanted (this update is based on information just minutes old).

Some background: Despite its appearance, this is no normal box, it's CNC'd Baltic birch with tolerances and a finish process more typical of aerospace parts (we know since some of our suppliers work on that stuff too) than subwoofers, all done to get optimum strength to weight ratios. "Normal" subwoofer boxes this supplier can do by the thousand, these are just starting to trickle through the shop. Full wood veneer construction would have been much quicker (since the technology is so established) but ultimately would have cost too much for this sort of price/performance point.

The trickle will continue until the experimental tooling and very intricate finish process is working at full speed (it's already one of the most durable and attractive finishes on the market, bar none. It's actually significantly different and more refined than the high tech PB1 finish on which it's based). Until we see this flow ourselves we'll be simply giving estimates about when any given sub will go out. The farther out you might be the harder it will be to nail the day it'll go unfortunately. If you just ordered this week, we're looking at 3-4 weeks now probably.

One thing is certain, when you get a shipping notice it means yours is on the way, no if's and's or but's. It'll be a handful this week (assuming that boxing remains on track), then dozens, then scores, then we'll be ready for any quantity any major OEM would be happy with. We're talking days and weeks to get there, not months however.

Again, sorry for the slow roll out. The first few customers WILL get their notices VERY soon. We know this will raise demand (for pre-order and new orders alike) to a fever pitch, but at least no one will think they are vapor-ware either. We promise there's nothing vapor-like about the production subs we're prepping now, and anyone here would blush at the pressure we're exerting on your behalf upon every supplier feeding the PB2-Plus side of our warehouse.

We've found that every new product debut is painful, but we'll continue to do our best to keep you up to date with the latest progress at every opportunity that makes sense.

Thanks for your patience (and it's OK if you lie about being patient! :^)

Ron

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Ron: there is nothing better than hearing it from the horses mouth so to speak. You are indead a gentleman!!!

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Great post, Ron. SVS continues to be among the most honest, forthright, and trustworthy audio companies in existence - right here in the good ol' USA. Thanks for the very candid and detailed update; it makes ALL the difference to those who are waiting.

Regards,

Ed

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad that you guys haven't been trying to rush them out as fast as you can and have been upfront and honest about it. I would much rather wait than have anything less than perfection. ;) It wouldn't be fair if the PB2+'s made a few months from now were better than the originals purchased by the early adopters.

I think I ordered mine on May 10th, so if everything goes as planned, I should be expecting it to ship in a week or two, correct?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I think I ordered mine on May 10th, so if everything goes as planned, I should be expecting it to ship in a week or two, correct?
Actually, I believe this is incorrect. I pre ordered mine on May 2nd and was told mine should ship about 2 weeks after the first ones shipped. I am in the top 1/3 of preorders but still have many people ahead of me.

However, with the delay in them receiving the shipping cartons they may be "catching" up on the production some of the subs a little. I think you do still have some hope for the two week time frame. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Tim,

We'll have a small group of review subs go out (including one for Kris Deering) in the next couple weeks. Much depends on how quickly full production ramps up.

"Soon" in other words, certainly during the month of June.

Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
PS, Tom's crew pulled it off. Several of the earliest PB2-Plus orders left via our freight shipper today. Pull out your SPL meters, the latest SVS has been unleased.

PPS As stated above there will be a trickle leaving our Ohio facility for the next couple weeks. Each week will see more and more till we've filled all standing orders. Then it'll be the usual 1-2 day order -> ship cycle we strive for on all our products.

Thanks again for understanding.

Ron "life's a marathon... not a sprint" Stimpson

Erich S

Agent
Thank you Ron and team !!! Pre-ordered 4/28 and mine is on its way :D Now have the weekend to secure things around the house. I won't be able to do the in depth reviews Edward and others have planned but will post what I can.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Guys,

One note of advice...

Don't try to pick one of these up by yourselves(have a friend nearby when they are delivered). This isn't one of those little cutie subs that you can hand your wife and discuss how tiny it is over tea...

Think back to the late 60s/early 70s...big block motors, rockcrushers, high compression...American built muscle...

Tom V.
SVS

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
You guys did it!:D YEA. My sub is on its way. Thanks guys for all the help! It should go real nice with the MC-8 that arrived today.

Thanks,
Steve

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
O GOSH! What am I going to do? My wife thinks this is going to be a 12" X 12" cube.:eek: ( Big block motors, rock-crushers, high compression....American built muscle! ) Sounds like a PB2+ sub to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.