What's new

PB2 Plus and bax global (1 Viewer)

Ernesto_G+

Grip
Im just wondering does bax global ship on the weekends too? I dont want to wait all the way till monday for my sub to arrive....This is the secound day of waiting for my sub to arrive. So that means if they dont ship it today that ill have to wait till monday. Do they usally call to see if your there before delivering?

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I would call them and let them know you are expecting a box. If you call them tehn you can arrange to accept delivery. If not you may end up playing phone tag.

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator
mine was delivered on Saturday, with no warning they were coming...luckily I was home

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I think its different depending on where you live. They called and set a time the day before for me. Was pretty nice actually to be first up on the list for the morning and what a time to catch a cold and call in sick for the day.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Ernesto,

As has been said, it can vary. Generally no, but local delivery folks have that flexibility. Your shipping notice should lead you to a number to call. That's the only way to work the answer for sure (they'll poll or connect you with the local office near you).

Ron

Ernesto_G+

Grip
Looks like Will be waiting till monday. I called bax global and they said monday before 5:00pm cant wait! Too bad I was hoping I could enjoy the pb2 plus over this weekend.(oh well) I bought so many new movies.....heres the list
Black hawk down
U571
Tears of the sun
Out of time
Underworld
The league of extra ordinary gentleman
Preditor 1 and 2
The Haunting
We were soldiers
A Man apart
Saving private ryan
True Lies
Terminator 2

If anyone has any other suggestions of other great movies to test this sub(pb2 plus or subs in general) please list them. Besides the movies on the svs web site and bass archievs... List some other movies. besides I have most of the movies from those list anyways.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ernesto,

I'm sorry to hear about the wait.

The list of DVDs you have there should provide some very impressive bass. I'd add Das Boot to the list too. Not because it is the deepest bass in the world(it does get down to the mid 20s quite loudly though)...more because it is just such a great film. I can pop in 99.9% of DVDs, take a couple bass measurements..and move on. I pop in Das Boot...and that is it...4 hours of my life gone...

Please be sure to take a few moments to find a good location for the SVS, to calibrate it, and to tweak the phase control a little. At least to start...I'd leave it in 25hz mode...all three ports open. In all but the largest of rooms this is going to give you concussive bass down to the 20hz range.

Tom V.
SVS

Ernesto_G+

Grip
Ive never calibrated any or my speakers of sub. Is it hard to do im goiing to go buy a spl meter today. Also what is DAsboot about? Ive heard so much about it but have never gotten to really know what its about. Which way do you think is best way to connect my sub to my reciever? using sub output/input L & R input/output etc...I know people have differnet opinions and taste for sound but I would like to hear yours.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Ernesto,

Just run one RCA cable from your SVS inputs (either Right or Left, it doesn't matter) and then to your receiver's subwoofer output. Make sure your receiver has all speakers set to Small (or "Normal") and your subwoofer setting is "Yes" in the menu too.

Doing level calibration isn't hard, but it'll be MUCH easier if you read over this page first!:

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter

PS, "Das Boot" ("The Boat" in German) is a bit like Saving Private Ryan, only in a submarine, and the Germans are the good guys (actually there ARE no good guys, but you'll figure that out). It was actually a mini-series on German TV and was cut later as a theater movie.

Thankfully Hollywood rejected then unknown director Wolfgang Peterson (Air Force One) when he campaigned to make the movie, so he resorted to an all German production. I shudder to think what would have resulted if the film had been "LA'd".

It's probably the best anti-war film you can see. VERY intense audio and a hard story to watch and not be affected in some way. If you liked "U571" (a film known to some as "Das Bootiful") you will probably like Das Boot, though they are very different films.

The basic story? A German submarine crew is asked by higher command to do some crazy/stupid/heroic things and like good sailors (most of them), they "salute the flag" and proceed to get hammered by the Allies in one way or another.

When they aren't getting blasted in various creative ways, they struggle with their own feelings of mortality, morality, and the futility of war. Just like you are really whipped after watching SPR or Black Hawk Down (which have similarly conflicted sub-plots), you will be whipped with Das Boot. I was lucky enough to be working as a student in Germany when it was released in theaters there. I was stunned (partly because my German abilities were sorely tested for nearly 3 hours). Up to that time I'm not sure anyone had ever tried to film such an intensely realistic war story. Hyper realistic war films are common now, but it really was ground-breaking in 1981 (IIRC).

Hint: Watch Das Boot in German if you are OK with subtitles; to me it's more realistic that way, though the dubbing of German films is uaully done very well, and with Das Boot some of the actors did their own lines in English.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks