PB2-ISD Delivery

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by GarAlb, Oct 23, 2003.

1. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

Got my delivery confirmation today[​IMG]! I probably won't be home when it gets delivered so my wife will be taking care of it. As far as the BAX Global, should she tip them? Can't wait!

2. dale^g

dale^g Stunt Coordinator

she'll probably need the delivery guy to help her bring that beast in the house...i would throw the guy a few bucks.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

How long has it been since you ordered?

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

5. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

Hey GarAlb;

Your wife definitely doesn't have to tip the driver. At the same time the delivery is really only supposed to be to your door or curbside and if the driver is nice enough to help her get it inside then you might feel he deserves a tip. Also a less nice driver might be more inclined to help bring it in for a little pocket change.

This is the type of thing that depends on the individual, if you feel the driver deserves a tip for what he's done (and that might depend on the delivery) then I'm sure none of them would turn it down, but I doubt any of them expect it.

6. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

When I had my PC+ delivered from UPS I was wicked sick. The UPS guy who made good many deliveries brought it down stairs for me. I tipped him but he did initially refused.

When Bax delivered the PB2+ the driver was very nice, by no means rude, but my delivery was probably more of a hinder in his schedule and he was more interested in getting back on his route and never had his hand out or even gesturing for a tip.

these things are not a 1 person lift box. I would strongly recommend having the driver put it in the garage if you have one or leave it outside and you and a friend move it into you rlistening area.

The drivers are off center and it is very easy to put your fingers on the driver

these things are big and you will probably need to move furniture. If my fiance was to accept delivery I would only ask she sign for it and not worry about moving it into the house. Take a look at this link.PB2 Drivers

7. GarAlb

GarAlb Stunt Coordinator

I pre-ordered the sub on 9/21. BAX called today and my wife says it will be here Monday morning! She asked the rep at BAX and she said that if they just put it in the garage that tipping wouldn't be necessary. If they were to uncrate it and bring it in the house it would be a different story. I plan on having it put in the garage as I want to uncrate it myself. It's going to be a long weekend[​IMG]! Thanks for the responses!